Hallie - Possibly aborting?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Epona142, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I was just out there a minute ago, giving pretzels to my brats, when I noticed Hallie squatting a lot.

Now, its next to impossible to get close to her at the moment, but I believe I saw some white discharge on her vulva. She would squat as if to urinate, but nothing came out.

Do you think she could be aborting? Or could this just be signs of heat? She is not vocal at all, in fact, haven't heard her "maa" yet.

I didn't watch to catch her and take a closer look, since we have to catch her in a while for the vet later anyways.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Do you see any blood?

White discharge is normal....

Does it look like.. she may be slightly prolapsing...?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    could be a heat or an infection

you did say you saw an udder forming so it is also possible for an abortion. At least you are going to the vet today, that will give you some answers.

Some goats are not vocal when in heat

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Yeah I will definitely ask when we go, but thought I'd see if you guys had any ideas as well.

It may just be a heat, and her handful of udder may just be from kidding between August-October (as best as I can guess) and hasn't shrunk all the way yet.

She does not appear to be prolapsing at all, and it was just a little. I still can't get a good luck at her back end for a pooch check, and when we catch her, she sucks it all in, poor baby.

Time (and the vet) will tell I imagine.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I pray... it goes well.... :pray: :hug: