The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your thoughts?? :)

*i know she isn't set up right in that last pic ;) she was being a ham and this was her first ever time being set up :)

Attachments

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :)

It's a learning thing :) I love to watch classes and mentally place them, depending on the judge I can do pretty well sometimes lol! Others not so much lol!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I tried with the Alpines and Lamanchas at the show on Monday. I was NEVER right about the Alpines...which is especially sad because I have one. The Lamanchas I did a little better. But the judges placed some better based on information I didn't have like ages... I watched one doe that didn't look great conformation wise but really excellent for her age, get placed above younger ones just because she was years older. I have a lot to learn.

And I watched the does all licking each other and the fencing and it freaked me out a little. Watching goats from a herd that is tested and clean, licking on a herd that is suspect.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was Cliff of Longvu there?

Yah.. Age plays a part most times...

Yah.. I always have my pen separate and put tarps up along with sanitizing the pen... We now have our own pen to bring with us... And a tarp to lay on the ground of our pen...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
maybe....the name is familiar but I wasn't paying too much attention since we don't have Lamanchas and planning on getting into them. I really wanted to see the Oberhasli class but we had to leave just before they started :(

No one there had pens separated and then they all had to leave goats for the full 9 days of the fair. I don't even know how any goats come back healthy.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is one of the bigger LaMancha breeders in NE :)
Awe that's a bummer!!

A good immune system :shrug: l always am one of the few that takes those extra steps..
But, you also get to know people and their herds so you know who you can feel 'safe' near ;)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She does, but I think she makes up for it in her length! ROFL!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She sure is! And the funny thing is she looks even LONGER in person! Lol!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,085 Posts
She's very nice! Looks like she could use more depth and brisket. But GOSH look at that LENGTH. She's going to do nice for you. :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Danielle :) Lol! That's about the first thing I said when Laura took her out! "Gosh she's so long! And big!" She is the same size as Promise already! But Promise was a runt so she has an excuse ;) lol!
And I knew due to Hallie's lines she would be bigger then Promise.. :) Cliff's goats look smaller then those with the Kastdemur's lines :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL!! :D
I was just gonna say wait till you see her in person! :) lol!
My mom doesn't want to show Jr's any more, but I *think* we will show them at New Boston cause it's close and I don't need a HC.. I'll bring the older gals with me to the other shows :)

·
1,983 Posts
After how long and hot and miserable New Boston was this year, I can't say I blame her! But we'll just bring our bathing suits this year, cool off between Sr. and Jr. classes and we'll all be refreshed and ready to continue!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep :) I don't handle the heat well and just about passed out at the Sunny Sisters show so that's why she said it I think :) but she didn't quite say no when I asked about New Boston lol!

Oh she said she was gonna be over there before the Sr does even ended lol!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts