Hallo from Southern Illinois!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dancing Goat, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Southern Illinois - where the summers are hot and humid in the Mississippi Valley, the winters are generally mild and it is not unheard of to run your A/C and furnace in the same day!

I'm brand new here (my first post :wink: ) and am very seriously considering starting a small meat goat farm. I have tons of questions but will try to post those in the proper sections of the forums.

A little about me - currently I work for a medium sized law firm in St. Louis, MO but am aching for a life on the farm. I've been married 14 years to my husband Chris and have a little black cat named Mouse (she suffers from an identity crisis, hee hee). I love horses, coffee, bacon, potatoes and roasted chicken or turkey. I've been drawing for almost 32 years and occasionally write short stories and poetry. The fantasy novel that I've been writing off and on for the last nine years may never be finished, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I recently illustrated a children's book (just waiting for the author to try to get it published). Right now I'm working on a mission's mural for my church. All is going well with that.

Okay, gotta get to work now. I hope to get some really good advice and to make some friends here at The Goat Spot.

Later! :dance:

2. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Hello Dancing Goat :) I am Lawanda from WV. I am pretty new here too, and I have really got a lot from this forum!!! I love all the kidding threads the best :)

good luck starting your meat goat farm :)

3. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Hello and welcome!! :clap:

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome from Ohio! :wave:

I love to write as well! I have a novel I am working on. :) How hard would it be to publish it?

You'll love the TGS. And if you have any questions, we are here to help! :thumbup: :greengrin:

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    :wave: Hi, welcome, it's a pleasure to have you join us. Have fun here-info/help,wonderful pics, and friendship is what it's all about!

6. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Welcome from central Illinois! :wave:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome Dancing Goat... :wave: So wonderful having you with us.... :greengrin:
    Sounds like you are very talented.... :thumbup: If you have any questions just ask.... :hi5:
    Again Welcome....from California...... :wink:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from North Idaho :wave:

Feel free to ask away and jump in on the discussions!

9. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Hi everyone!! :wave:

Oh hi, Ohio!

Well, I'm not sure how hard it would be to get a book published. There is a great link that you might find very useful - http://anotherealm.com/prededitors/ This site has lists of publishers in the U.S., lists of agents, what publishers look for when submitting your work, etc. etc. I haven't been to this site in quite a while, but it is a great resource for writers. The publisher pages let you know who is reputable and who to avoid (like Publish America. I almost gave my precious work to these goobers. Avoid them like the plague!). Hope this helps you!

Melanie :greengrin:

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Melanie, :wave:

So glad that you have joined us. Sounds like you are a very busy person.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from SW PA!

Jump on in, we're all great on answering questions......and just love to chat about our "kids"

12. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Thanks all! I hope to learn a lot while I'm here. :type:

13. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Welcome to TGS from Northern illinois!!! :wave:

14. CapraKoza

CapraKoza New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Greetings from Tennessee! You will find endless information and make great friends here at TGS. I have a daughter writing a book now as well. It is quite an adventure!!

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your so welcome... :) ..you will learn alot.. :thumbup: ..I still ...to this day... am learning something new.... The goat spot is a wonderful place.... :greengrin: :grouphug:

16. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    RowdyKidz, I received an email that you had sent a message to me. I'll respond to that as soon I make 25 posts! Just to let you know I haven't been ignoring it. :wink:

17. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Not a problem. I forgot you couldn't read them till 25 posts. :doh: And I sent it so I wouldn't clutter the thread. ;)

18. Dancing Goat

Dancing Goat New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    *clutters thread*

:stars:

Yay! only 14 more posts to go!

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It doesn't take long..... :wink: :greengrin: :thumbup:

20. Dancing Goat