Halloween plans

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by toth boer goats, Oct 13, 2008.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    what is everyone planning to do............ for Halloween ?

Or dress up to be.............?

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm going to some parties but not trick or treating.
    My sister is going to dress up as an old granny boxer and I'm her victim.LOL!

3. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i'm shutting off all my lights
    locking my doors
    and tying my dogs close to the goats
    and taking my 11 year old tot'ing

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that will be neat.......so cool.......I would love to see it......... :)

It is really fun to watch the kids trick or treating...they get so excited................ :)

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If any of you would like to post pics of your Halloween fun ....costumes feel free we would love to see them.....it would be so fun....... :) :leap:

6. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Well-we have been decorating, and probably will let my stepson pass out candy this year-It gets dangerous around here when the teenage boys come out to harrass the kids.Last year Noah got knocked down steps going up to a house-chipped his teeth and busted his lip. There are some mean people out there!!

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'll be doing what I've done every Halloween since my nephew was born 11 years ago...I take he and his 7 year old sister Trick or Treating....after schoolwork and dinner I get them dressed up and sometimes even my sister and I dress up.

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I haven't gone trick or treating since i read up on the history of Halloween (sp?) . . . I didn't sleep for days afterwards . . .

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I am so sorry..... there has to be people like that.. :cry: .....they sure have ruined something that use to be friendly thing.............It is sad ..........

Around here ..............we have a safe place for the kids to go and play games and get candy.............. we do take them trick or treating to people we know relatives/friends........because you have to be careful and watch out for tainted candy............
    that is sad to......... :(

But......... it could be fun to answer the door and see............ what kind of goblins.................. or....... strange ......to cute ...things that come to your door...... :)

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    liz..........have you decided what you all were going to dress up as? :)

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I am so sorry you were frightened so bad................. :tears:

All of us that believe in GOD........do not have to worry about the bad things ..........GOD will protect us......... :pray:

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    whats the history of halloween?

Around here its cold. it snowed today, so lots of kids dont dress up, they wear snowpants and heavy coats, our friends had a girl come trick or treating at their house, they asked what she was (she was wearing a parka), she replied "im an alaskan" thought it was very cute!

I've never heard of anyone being mean on halloween here. until last year, some girls out in willow stole candy at knifepoint, i mean serioulsy - its candy! but they got caught and arrested, not worth the candy. :sigh:

But I'll probably hang around and watch horror flicks (my favorite, i love the gorry ones :shocked: and triller)

13. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Satanic worshipers would come by peoples houses every holloween and kidnap a girl for satanic sacrifice and leave a pumpkin (sp?) . . . if you want the ENTIRE history . . . you can do a search on the internet . . .

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is terrible ............no wonder you had nightmares.................. :(

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I like those scarey movies to Katrina.............

and knife point for candy........wow they sure had a HUGE...........sweet tooth ..addiction :shades:

16. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    ever since the 9/11 attack our fire dept changed the tot'ing
    ppl reg with the fire dept and then come and park their cars all around the dept lot
    they prop open thier trunks and decorate their cars and hand out candy to the kids from their trunks
    we know who is giving the candy and it is a controlled area
    the dept has little games and otherthings inside for the kids to do too

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    heavenlyhaven................those .......are ..the safest places to go......... :thumbup:
    and the kids have so much fun there........... :leap:

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Don't know yet what we'll be...depends on the weather. :shrug:

19. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well every year Hubby has loads of fun scaring the kids! Year before last we cut out a whole in an old coffee table that I picked up at a yard sale, put a table cloth over it with a whole cut in it, a cardboard box over that with another whole, and filled the box with candy. Then when the kids would pull up lee would hide under the table and reach through and grab them when they reached in to get some candy! I think he scared more of the ADULTS that were with the kids then the kids themselves :slapfloor: Then last year we dressed him in coveralls and a scream mask, stuffed hay all in the overalls, and sat him on the front porch swing so he looked fake and then when the kids would come up on the porch he would reach out and scare them! Most of the parents had learned from the year before so we didn't scare as many of the parents, but it is always fun to hear the parents say "The kids BEGGED us to come to your house first so they could get scared!" :ROFL: I haven't thought of how we are going to scare them this year yet though :shrug:

20. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hollowbead, that is soooo funny!!