The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I had my baby girl and quit work, I've been trying to help make ends meet by being a little more entrepreneurial. :) I sell vintage sewing patterns, and came across some really adorable ones for baby toys that I just had to try out. The outcome has been a fun business endeavor!

These toys are handmade by myself and one of my sisters, mostly of high-quality quilter's cotton. Some are made with vintage sheets and/or fabric. They have a sweet rattle and the newest additions have crinkley ears.

They are mostly about 4.5" tall and 5" long.

I take custom orders! You can see most stuffed animal choices and fabrics below (minus the 3D cat--I adapted the original pattern to make it). Price is $8.50 each plus $2.50 S&H if you would like to send a check through the mail. I also have them up in an Etsy shop. :) You can check out the shop here: www.etsy.com/shop/SweetCozyBaby

All toys are tested and approved by my 9 month old. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Could you possibly do the underside in terrycloth? Like from an old towel or washcloth? Baby Mae loves to chew her toys and terrycloth is her favorite texture. :)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I want them.... and I have absolutely not reason to have them.... My daughter is the baby or our entire family and she is about to turn 12.

They are adorable as is your daughter, she looks engrossed in them! She is lucky to have a talented mama to make her such play pretties...

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
those are sweet..and well done!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys! I really enjoy making them. Sewing is one of my favorite pastimes. :) Took some to the local farmer's market today and did really well!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want them.... and I have absolutely not reason to have them.... My daughter is the baby or our entire family and she is about to turn 12.

They are adorable as is your daughter, she looks engrossed in them! She is lucky to have a talented mama to make her such play pretties...
I know what you mean--I've been tempted to keep several of these for myself! :p

And thank you--she is a cutie. I'm lucky to have such an adorable booger to make stuff for!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Those are just adorable! I need to find someone to buy one for - my "baby" is 13 :(. You should definitely take them to craft fairs, etc. - I think they would sell like hotcakes because they are different, fun, and reasonably priced!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are just adorable! I need to find someone to buy one for - my "baby" is 13 :(. You should definitely take them to craft fairs, etc. - I think they would sell like hotcakes because they are different, fun, and reasonably priced!
Thank you! I took some to our local farmer's market a couple weeks ago and sold a bunch of them. Taking them again tomorrow--wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
They are adorable

1 - 20 of 21 Posts