Hannah Day 145 ***She kidded***

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by fcnubian, May 14, 2008.

1. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Today was day 145 for Hannah. I noticed while I was feeding Delilah's kids that her teats didn't look wrinkly. So I checked her and she's filling up her udder. Guess Delilah kidding yesterday got her started now.

1 MORE TO KID :cool: Then I am DONE. Thankgoodness.

Now just get rid of the bottle brats and we'll be good. :thumb:

I am guessing we'll have twins or triplets out of Hannah.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Hannah Day 145

Goody...more little " long ears"!!! They are the cutest lil' critters with ears longer than their lil' faces!!! Sounds like she's not going to make you wait too long. :girl: :girl: :boy:

3. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

I like this doe. When she starts labor there's no messing around. gets it done and over with. I'm still cleaning kids and she goes to the gate and waiting to go to the milk stand for her grain and to be milked... She's my kinda girl. lol :cool: :thumb:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

certainly sounds like it!

More Kinder Kids on teh way right? maybe she will surprise you :? one can always hope I suppose.

Will you be showing this year or just using the milk?

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

certainly sounds like it!

More Kinder Kids on teh way right? maybe she will surprise you :? one can always hope I suppose.

Will you be showing this year or just using the milk?

6. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Yes more kinder kids. She is bred to the pygmy. I put her with him to make sure atleast one of my does would be in milk. And yes I plan on showing both my milking does and my dry yearling. I was hoping to show Delilah's doe kid but obviously that wont happen. If I attend any shows with buck classes I'll show Milo also.

7. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

She kidded this evening. It's a good thing I always cancel everything and refuse to leave the property when one of my goats are due.

First kid tried to come butt first. She wasn't progressing so I went in to check. Felt a tail. Worked on that, had to go in up to my elbow, first time I've had to go in that far. Second came normal and third came head first no legs.

Its done and over with, kids are doing well, Hannah's a bit sore and worn out but she ate her evening grain, milk out well, and chowed down on hay. Did my last check when I fed the bottle brats. All is well.

So..... Hannah had triplet DOES. Delilah had twins and I am done. Kidding is officially over. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

And of course... she was bred to a pygmy, gave me the most colorful doe kids ever and I can't registered any of them to show this year. :hair:

Picture of all 5 bottle brats.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh what cuties!! Congrats!!! :stars:

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    COngrats on the doe kids. At least you know that she can throw some nice kids :thumb:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations....they are soo cute!!

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! At least they were doelings!!! :D