Happy 15th Birthday Max

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by liz, Aug 4, 2009.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My cocker spaniel turns 15 today...I know that we gave him the best life ever compared to where he came from.
    He may be covered in benign fatty tumors, half blind, deaf, has badly arthritic knees and hips and very jealous of my DH, but I love him very much, I know the Rainbow Bridge is in his near future, but I feel very lucky that this previously abused special dog has given me the honor of being his master for so long.
    We've had our conflicts over the years as well as some very special and unique memories that I will always cherish.
    Happy Birthday E & L's Max Catalone His AKC registered name chosen when we got him at 4 months old...because Eric and I were constantly saying "MAX, leave the cat alone" Well, he's left the cat alone for the last 4 1/2 years....and Max and his kitty Jake will be reunited at the Rainbow Bridge.
    [​IMG]

Here he is in his winter coat last year, before he went blind
    [​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aww. :hug: how sweet. happy b-day max.

3. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Happy Happy Birthday Max!!!!!

Blessings to you from the Ridge!

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Aw! :hug: It's always sad when an animal leaves a family. But it's great that you've had him for 15 years and you rescued him from abuse. :hug:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He is something else, which he's still sleeping, he's been in that habit alot lately....sleeping late. The girl I got him from is just a very irresponsible type who isn't fit to have animals let alone her own kids, sad really but Max was very traumatized. He no longer plays fetch and all of his toys have been claimed by my 2 year old pup....Max is old and just doesn't want to play anymore.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Happy Birthday Maxy!!!! :birthday:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww ....Happy birthday MAx......how thoughtful of you Liz...... :hug: :stars: :dance: :birthday:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He got a special Birthday Lunch....a bit of goats milk on his food, scarfed it right up, now he's napping :wink:

15 years is old for any animal...he is really showing his age, but he still has those moments of being the jealous, hyper pup he once was, I know he won't be around much longer but he is doing well, I think he'll let me know when he's had enough...still gets around ok and at times forgets where the door is to go outside, but hey, I cleaned up his messes 15 years ago so I think he's just forgetting why he wants outside in his old age. :greengrin:

LOL....I REALLY hang on to my pets, I have an almost 18 year old kitty :wink: