The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
299 Posts
Yes indeed. Maybe he's not their real dad at all. Maybe Dave should do what I do every time I crave a bit of "culture"......I VISIT MAURY POVICH!
In the case of the scruffy heathens who are burning hay and slumping around the barn,.......DAVE.......You are NOT the father!

My goats get Christmas and Birthday treats. At Christmas the treat is a special breakfast served with fresh brewed sweetened tea. They EACH get stockings stuffed with gingersnaps and candycanes. For their birthday, they get treated someway or another. Every year seems different. This past year I took them hiking through an apple orchard, no saddles, just to eat and be merry! Spoiled? NOOOOO

·
Banned
849 Posts
I don't know what Cuzco's official birthday is, but we like to think it's April Fool's Day (that would be a fairly close guess, and it seems to fit his personality). We don't usually celebrate it though. However, we make up for it at Christmastime, when we buy Cuzco a whole fruitcake to eat all by himself. It usually takes him about 30 seconds to devour it. We make sure not to take him in for his annual checkup right after, because he might break the industrial scale.

·
Banned
849 Posts
Oh, ours love pumpkins! And a couple of months ago they got a whole box of overripe peaches that couldn't be distributed by the local food pantry. There's a lady down there who always calls us if they have spoiled produce, so our goats have gotten rotten potatoes, yams, onions, and carrots. But by far the best was the box of peaches.

And last night Cuzco got a real treat. Phil cooked us up a pizza for dinner but had the misfortune to drop the whole thing on the floor--upside-down of course. It was not salvageable. I scraped the hairy cheese and pepperoni out of the grout and into the trash, but I thought Cuzco might like the crust. I fed it to him whole, and it was a sight to behold! Cuzco flapped it up and down, shook it back and forth, and eventually swallowed it whole. I wish I'd been able to get a video, but it was dark outside so I don't think it would have come out. Besides, no one wanted to miss the action by running upstairs to look for a camera. :mrgreen:

Have you ever watched a goat eat spaghetti? It's one of Cuzco's favorites. Oh, and he goes nuts over garlic cheese knots! If this goat ever got loose in an Italian restaurant he'd think he'd died and gone to goat heaven!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts