The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose this is a public shout out to Ksalvgno but we just had our first kidding with two goats we purchased and I am pleased as punch.

"Bluebell" is a first freshener, delivered beautiful triplets without a problem, and is giving us a HALF GALLON of milk a day.

We also bred the buckling "Zeus" to another of our does (had triplets also) and got one of the prettiest bucklings I have ever seen.

THANKS K!

·
Registered
666 Posts
You are going to retain that buck aren't you!? Please do!!!! Where are you located I'm getting a ND doe and she has moonspots and I would LOVE to breed her to him he is absolutely gorgeous!!!! You are soooooo luckey! :)

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
Oh my gosh! They are Beautiful! And the moonspots! I'm so glad they are working out so well for you. And half a gallon a day! That is just great! Congratulations! This is when you sit back and are very pleased with the breeding choices you have made! :lovey: :cool:

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I don't even know what to do with all of this milk! I have been feeding the babies of course with it but I better start making some cheese, ice cream, yogurt... I have never had a doe give this much and she is such a small thing too.

Both of the bucks are going to a nearby farm (I was dying to keep him but was outvoted since we already have three now---wish he was a girl). We are in Indiana though so I can definitely send people to them if you are nearby. I am definitely doing that cross again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am nearby and purchasing my first Nigerian dwarf doe this year. When I am ready to breed her I hope this little guy is still in Indiana!! Thats where I am!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts