The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beep has hard knots in her udder. She has had them from the first time she came into milk at six months old precociously(she is six years old now) but they have gotten allot worse is this second lactation. The largest has grown in size from chick pea sized to quarter sized in the past two years and are becoming very apparent without even touching her udder. One of the largest is at the top of one of her teat and some smaller ones are at the top as well as medium sized ones all over her mammary tissue. They are very hard but not quite rock solid. Its not CAE because she was raised on milk replacer not to mention she produces 11 pounds of milk a day. And its also not plugged glands because no amount of massaging, compresses or peppermint oil with soften them. Anyone have any idea what it is? I've heard of something called weeping teats where the mammary tissue grows in the wrong place or something like that but this is all over and they are hard.

·
Super Moderator
58,217 Posts
Wow, really not sure. If she has had them all her life, then it can't be CL either. I wonder if they are just benign tumors.

·
2,203 Posts
Sometimes tumors do grow in udders. If you're really concerned, it may pay to take a biopsy of the tissue and have tested.

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking maybe benign tumors too. I'm not too too worried about it yet since they are not growing at a fast rate but I wanted to see if anyone had ideas to bounce off of. If it becomes a problem I'll be putting her in the freezer. I love her and she was my first goat but she's a terror attacking people, other goats, her own kids, a hard keeper, and tearing up the fencing.

·
2,203 Posts
I was thinking maybe benign tumors too. I'm not too too worried about it yet since they are not growing at a fast rate but I wanted to see if anyone had ideas to bounce off of. If it becomes a problem I'll be putting her in the freezer. I love her and she was my first goat but she's a terror attacking people, other goats, her own kids, a hard keeper, and tearing up the fencing.
Oh dear. One of THOSE ! Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts