The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed yesterday that Bella my one and a half year old doe has a hard lump the size of a grape over the left side of her ribcage. She is feeling fine, acting completely normal. It is very hard and immovable. She has not had a vaccination since I got her last April. I did some research and found a few threads on here from people with similar issues. I figure CL isn't a concern because it isn't anywhere near her neck or a lymph node. Bone calcification was a hypothesis, broken rib was another idea. I am not financially inclined to get a vet involved as it is causing her no discomfort. I figure I'll just keep an eye on it. I am just looking to see if anyone has any personal experience or ideas?

It's right where I'm touching her. (And of course she's licking me)
IMG_6133.JPG
IMG_6128.JPG

·
Registered
30,673 Posts
Since it doesn't bother her,, not in a typical CL locations..I would just keep watch. She may have bumped it real hard..caused a lump..maybe a sticker ready to fester? So many things Goats can do to make us scratch put head lol. Let us know if there are any changes.

I love how she kisses you

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you vaccinate her there?
She has not had any injections since I got her early last year.

Since it doesn't bother her,, not in a typical CL locations..I would just keep watch. She may have bumped it real hard..caused a lump..maybe a sticker ready to fester? So many things Goats can do to make us scratch put head lol. Let us know if there are any changes.
Thanks for confirming my opinion. I figure as long as it's not causing her any pain and nobody else has any similar bumps it's nothing to fret about. I will definitely keep you updated.

I love how she kisses you
Oh yes I'd love it too if she ever stopped giving kisses. :rolleyes: It's really her saying, "You are not petting me anywhere near enough right now.":lolgoat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts