The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Most of my does love their vitamin C, but there was one who didn't. With her, I used a pill crusher to crush the C, and sprinkled it onto her food. You can also use a spoon and a bowl to crush the Cs the old fashioned way.

The milk is probably okay, but I would personally not risk it. :( Probably not the best for consumption.

If they can manage it, at least 2 times a day would be best. The goal is to get that infected milk out of there.
Well this goat does not like it. I crushed it up and gave it to her. My friends are going to give her vitamin C and Garlic. We did not get the kelp yet.

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
if you are leaving for 5 days i would give penicillin im. i know you want to stay away from anti biotics BUT i think you have to make a choice sometimes . are your caretakers willing to milk her very 4 hours? you can drench her before you go. if she is willing to take her babies back that is the best solution.
If we still had her babies they would be 7 months old 3 days ago. The goats are already at my friends and we are leaving in aproxamently 5 min.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts