Hard weekend coming up

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Aug 19, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well it is going to be a hard weekend starting tomorrow.

We pack up my daughter and take her to College tomorrow. It is going to be a bitter sweet day. She is my last one at home and it is hard. She will not be that far away at all but far enough that I can not go to her room sit on her bed and just talk. Talk about the day, the boyfriend, or just anything. But on the other hand she has grown up to be a very beautiful young lady with a great head on her shoulders.

She was told right before she graduated High School that she was a very very bad case of Dyslexia and she still managed to graduate with a 3.7 GPA and get two different scholarships.

On top of that she will be turning 19 on her First day of school, the 24th and I will not be there with her, (wait, she can not be that old because I'm not) :ROFL: .

Thank I just needed to talk. I know others have already gone through this and made it. I know I will. I guess I can look at it as I will get to know my husband of 26 years again. It will be weird and hard to learn to cook for two.

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Ah yes bittersweet. You did a great job raising her, now its time to fly but still.....
    It's hard to get used to cooking for two! It took years to break the habit of using 2lbs ground beef & a lb Italian sausage for spagetti. My kids have been gone for about 10yrs & if they come over unannounced we scramble for enough on the table.
    We've gotten used to just making a sanwhich when we're hungry.

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Oh I can't wait until my kids leave the nest :dance: 11, 6 and 2 years old. They drive me crazy!! I know when they leave I'll cry like a baby. Our 6yr old thinks she's going to marry her brother and he 11yrs old, thinks he's going to live with us forever. If they only knew :ROFL: Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without my kids. I've only gone one day without them since they've been born :hug:

4. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I remember vividly the day I first left for college.. My mother and I were very close.. It was hard for both of us! Now as a mother myself I dread the day my 4 and 2 year old grow up and move on.. Although my 4yo dd informed me that she is never going to leave our house, that she wants to live here forever... I asked if she could give that to me in writing :wink:
    * Tell your daughter Happy Birthday (the 24th is my husbands birthday as well)*

Jennah

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  7. grandmajo

grandmajo Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    :hug: Oh Lori, I know what you're going thru! My youngest left home last July, I can still picture him pulling out of the drive and waving as he headed to Fort Carson, Colorado. And, for a brief moment, I stepped back in time and remembered back to the day that a 10 year old little boy looked up and me and said "mom, when I grow up, I'm going to join the army".

They grow up so fast, I can remember thinking that they never would, and then poof! They have their dreams and their goals and we get to watch them fulfill them, and it is very bittersweet.

Be proud of her, you and your hubby raised her up right, and she is a fine young woman that you can be proud of!

P.S. Based on the leftovers in the fridge, I still haven't mastered cooking of 2 yet.... :slapfloor:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    When our son announced that he was joining the Navy, I had a glory-halleluya fit.
    To put it nicely, he was a handful in his high school yrs.
    Two yrs later when daughter left at 18 to be married the house was terribly quiet. But I still could hear doors slamming & those two arguing over who was spending too much time in the bathrm etc.
    One time they had a which one is the better driver debate.
    Son was totally convinced his little sis was a horrible driver.
    Her response was " I'VE never gotten any tickets or had a wreck!" :slapfloor: