The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first doe of the season is due today and is in early labor! No pushing yet, but definitely not comfortable.

Eye Wood Goat Terrestrial animal Sheep

Can't wait to see what she produces and how her udder develops. Second freshener.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Katie just had twins. Buckling and doeling. Really hoping both are polled. May both be keepers! Their sire is the buck I had mite issues with and they're the only babies he's siring this kidding season. He's really nice so I'm really excited about these two.

Dog breed Carnivore Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal

Vertebrate Mammal Grass Terrestrial animal Sheep

Sunlight Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Rural area

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some update pictures of Katie's twins:
Goat Goat-antelope Terrestrial animal Grass Snout
Vertebrate Goat Mammal Dog breed Grass
Sprinkles kidded with quints (2 bucklings, 3 doelings) on Saturday. All are doing well, even the tiny one who I kept inside overnight to make sure she got enough to eat. Here is the baby pile from tonight.

Terrestrial animal Dog breed Grass Livestock Wood

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,746 Posts
Oh my goodness! How can you not be all in the pen with all those adorable babies???? You really have some nice kidds! :goatkiss::happygoat::lolgoat::goatkiss::goatkiss:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! We’re at 13 right now. Planning on retaining 5 (2 bucklings, 3 doelings) and everyone else has deposits down on them already except for 2.

Sprinkles is getting irritated with 5 babies fighting over her udder so I’ve taught her 3 doelings to bottle feed. I’m having to milk her out when she’s not wanting them to nurse. The boys must be getting enough as they won’t take a bottle and are still growing like crazy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts