Harley is home!!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, May 4, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Harley is home and already going to work!!!

We got him home last night and WOW is he flashy - but also a HANDFUL! He was never ever handled. I got him on the milkstand (finally) so that I could trim hooves, vaccinate, and worm - and put a collar and horse lead on him before I turned him loose with the boys (that way I could catch him). Well, I went to catch him and he pulled his head right out of the collar.

So then I decided to put a couple girls with him, and he bred Heather, but I can't get him to even come near me. I need to figure out how the heck I am going to recatch him again - LOL!

Here are some aweful pictures of him from last night - I will get somemore in daylight.

He is a BEAUTIFUL boy and I just :love: him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    O he is gorgeous. I like him alot. Cant waite till my bucks get bigger and get their beards. Your lucky he is cute.

3. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    He's a nice looking fella!!

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    ooo i love that beard...as to cathing him..try food.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I tried everything - if he sees you 50 yards away he runs. Poor guy. Once I get him in with the boys, I can start handling him and he will get used to the "routine" as that is what I had to do with Blue - but he is worse! :hair:

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    When my girls were wild I actually lassoed(sp?) them a couple of times.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    he is really handsome..... :love: :greengrin:

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    wow! He looks REALLY good! I can't wait to see what kids you will get out of him! :leap:

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So glad he is finally home! Handsome boy too.......as far as getting him tamed down, I'm pretty sure you can be very persuasive and persistent! Hmmmmmmm......treat him like your DH when you bring home more goats :ROFL: He'll be like a puppy in NO time!

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Now Liz - you are going to get me in a bunch of trouble - LOL!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
  12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  13. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    handsome!

Congrats on your new addition!! :stars:

14. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Just how do you treat your DH when you get more goats? :scratch:

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    well, seemings how I don't tell him till the day we are leaving to get them, or I tell him when he gets home and they are already there ....... LOL!

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, I caught the little booger last night. But not without incident. That little **** can run!!! Even on 3 legs! He must have fought pretty hard with Abba yesterday, as Abba broke part of his scur and had blood on him and Harley is now holding up his front left leg. It is a little swollen, but I really had to cut on his hooves, so I am watching it.

Do you think that I should give him some banamine? If so, how much for a 40# Nigi?

Oh, and I didn't get out of this without not getting hurt either - I don't know if I sprained my finger really really bad or broke it, but man it hurts, swollen, and bruised. Then I pulled a muscle in my back trying to lift a huge igloo into the wheel borrow incase I couldn't catch the little jerk so that he would have shelter - it was supposed to rain, and then my knee locked. Boy, after last night - I felt OLD

17. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    well.... atleast you caught him :shrug:

Here is the dosage for Banamine off of FiasCoFarm's website:

Goat dose: SQ Injection
    1 ml per 100 lbs. once a day

Link to Dosage: http://fiascofarm.com/goats/medications.htm#fluxixin

Goodness it sounds like he beat you up pretty badly! :shocked:

18. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    hope your finger is OK! :sigh: Man, did he beat you up!! :shocked:

19. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Ohhh Ouch!!! :hug: Hope you heal well! I took a slippery trip across my muddy horse pen this past weekend and am still hurting from it so I hope you do heal quickly :rose:

Do you have a stall or some small place to put him in? I would try just putting him in a smaller area so you could handle him more, let him see you bringing food, and just get used to you. Just my :2cents:

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah, the boys are in a oversized horse stall when it is raining out, so they are all in there now and I grab him and pet him so that he knows that I am not going to hurt him, and then I did what brandi has said - and started whistling while feeding.

So we will see how it goes