Harry Potter fans - need a name

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Feb 27, 2011.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ok so I was looking up the meaning behind Luna Lovegood and I found out thats a name of a character in the Harry Potter series. Not a fan particularly myself so I dont know anything about her. I read up on Wikipedia so now I know a little.

I name all my goat kids after their mom's in some way if I can (either in meaning or trait etc) but I also to make matters more difficult name them by the first letter of that tattoo year.

SO I need a name that starts with B that is either from the HP series or related. It can be a name of someone, a place or a thing.

I also do more then one word. Just needs B in there somewhere.

Would appreciate any help - thanks :)

also Luna means "moon" so anything along that line works too.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wish I could help Stacey... but I am not a fan either.... :(

3. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

You stumped me a little so I had to go out and google characters from HP. So these are a couple that popped out at me whether they are first or last names. Beatrix, Bobbin or Basil

4. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Bathsheda Babbling – Ancient Runes teacher at Hogwarts
    Malcolm Baddock – Slytherin student who is at Hogwarts during Harry's fourth year
    Mr Bagman – Father of Ludovic and Otto Bagman, friend of Death Eater Augustus Rookwood
    Ludovic Bagman – Quidditch Beater for the Wimbourne Wasps and Head of the Department of Games and Sports within the Ministry of Magic
    Otto Bagman – Brother of Ludovic Bagman
    Millicent Bagnold (Not to be confused with Millicent Bulstrode) – Minister for Magic before Cornelius Fudge
    Bathilda Bagshot – Author of A History of Magic, great aunt of Gellert Grindelwald
    Heathcote Barbary – Guitarist for the Weird Sisters
    Musidora Barkwith – Composer noted for her work, Wizarding Suite
    Baruffio – Namesake of 'Baruffio's Brain Elixir'
    Ali Bashir – Flying carpet merchant who attempts to establish a flying carpet business in Britain in Goblet of Fire
    Basil - An employee of the Ministry of Magic that organizes Portkeys for wizards and witches
    Hetty Bayliss – Muggle who witnesses Arthur Weasley's flying Ford Anglia
    Oswald Beamish – Goblin rights pioneer
    Herbert Beery – Past Herbology teacher at Hogwarts who left to teach at the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts
    Flavius Belby – First wizard to write about the lethifold
    Marcus Belby – Ravenclaw student at Hogwarts a year above Harry Potter and nephew of the inventor of the Wolfsbane potion
    Humphrey Belcher – Wizard who experimented with cheese cauldrons
    Katie Bell – Gryffindor student one year above Harry Potter; Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team
    Amy Benson – Girl at the orphanage with Tom Marvolo Riddle
    Cuthbert Binns – Ghost, History of Magic professor
    Dennis Bishop – Boy at the orphanage with Tom Marvolo Riddle
    Alphard Black – Son of Pollux Black and Irma Crabbe, brother of Cygnus and Walburga Black, maternal uncle to Sirius Black and Regulus Arcturus Black, disowned for financially supporting Sirius Black after he left home to live with the Potter family
    Andromeda Black – See Andromeda Tonks
    Arcturus Black – Son of Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint, brother of Sirius, Phineas, Belvina, and Cygnus Black, husband of Lysandra Yaxley, father of Callidora, Charis, and Cedrella Black
    Arcturus Black – Son of Hesper Gamp, husband of Melania MacMillan, father of Lucretia and Orion Black
    Bellatrix Black – See Bellatrix Lestrange
    Callidora Black – See Callidora Longbottom
    Cassiopeia Black – Daughter of Cygnus Black and Violetta Bulstrode, sister of Pollux, Marius, and Dorea Black
    Cedrella Black – See Cedrella Weasley
    Charis Black – See Charis Crouch
    Cygnus Black – Son of Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint, brother of Sirius, Phineas, Belvina, and Arcturus Black, husband of Violetta Bulstrode, father of Pollux, Cassiopeia, Marius, and Dorea Black
    Cygnus Black – Son of Pollux Black and Irma Crabbe, brother of Walburga and Alphard Black, husband of Druella Rosier, father of Bellatrix, Andromeda, and Narcissa Black, maternal uncle to Sirius and Regulus Arcturus Black, great-grandson of Phineas Nigellus Black
    Dorea Black – Daughter of Cygnus Black and Violetta Bulstrode, sister of Pollux and Cassiopeia Black, mother of Charlus Potter's son
    Druella Black (née Rosier) – Wife of Cygnus Black, mother of Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa Black
    Elladora Black – Sister of Phineas Nigellus, Sirius, and Isla Black
    Hesper Black (née Gamp) – Wife of Sirius Black, mother of Arcturus, Lycoris, and Regulus Black
    Irma Black (née Crabbe) – Wife of Pollux Black, mother of Walburga, Alphard and Cygnus Black
    Isla Black – See Isla Hitchens
    Lucretia Black – See Lucretia Prewett
    Lycoris Black – Daughter of Sirius Black and Hesper Gamp, sister of Arcturus and Regulus Black
    Lysandra Black (née Yaxley) – Wife of Arcturus Black, mother of Callidora, Charis and Cedrella Black
    Marius Black – Son of Cygnus Black and Violetta Bulstrode, brother of Pollux, Cassiopeia and Dorea Black, disowned for being a Squib
    Melania Black (née MacMillan) – Wife of Arcturus Black, mother of Lucretia and Orion Black
    Narcissa Black – See Narcissa Malfoy
    Orion Black – Son of Arcturus Black and Melania MacMillan, brother of Lucretia Black, husband of Walburga Black, father of Sirius and Regulus Arcturus Black
    Phineas Black – Son of Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint, brother of Sirius, Cygnus, Belvina and Arcturus Black, disowned for supporting Muggle rights
    Phineas Nigellus Black – Brother of Sirius, Elladora, and Isla Black, husband of Ursula Flint, father of Sirius, Phineas, Cygnus, Belvina, and Arcturus Black, Headmaster of Hogwarts
    Pollux Black – Son of Cygnus Black and Violetta Bulstrode, brother of Cassiopeia, Marius and Dorea Black, husband of Irma Crabbe, father of Walburga, Alphard and Cygnus Black
    Regulus Black – Son of Sirius Black and Hesper Gamp, brother of Lycoris and Arcturus Black
    Regulus Arcturus Black – Son of Orion and Walburga Black, brother of Sirius Black, Slytherin Quidditch Seeker, reformed Death Eater
    Sirius Black – Brother of Phineas Nigellus, Elladora and Isla Black, died at a young age
    Sirius Black – Son of Phineas Nigellus and Ursula Flint, husband of Hesper Gamp, brother of Phineas, Cygnus, Belvina and Arcturus Black, father of Arcturus, Lycoris and Regulus Black
    Sirius Black – Son of Orion and Walburga Black, brother of Regulus Arcturus Black, godfather of Harry Potter, Gryffindor student at Hogwarts (only Black not to be in Slytherin), Animagus, disowned for running away from home to live with the Potter family, member of the Order of the Phoenix, killed by his cousin Bellatrix Lestrange
    Ursula Black (née Flint) – Wife of Phineas Nigellus Black, mother of Sirius, Phineas, Cygnus, Belvina and Arcturus Black
    Violetta Black (née Bulstrode) – Wife of Cygnus Black, mother of Pollux, Cassiopeia, Marius and Dorea Black
    Walburga Black (née Black) – Daughter of Pollux Black and Irma Crabbe, sister of Alphard and Cygnus Black, wife of Orion Black, mother of Sirius and Regulus Arcturus Black
    Balfour Blane – Established the Committee on Experimental Charms
    Timothy Blenkinsop – Puddlemere United supporter
    Bletchley – Ministry of Magic employee whose office was drenched with rain
    Miles Bletchley – Keeper on the Slytherin Quidditch team during Harry's time at Hogwarts
    Beatrix Bloxam (1794–1910) – Author of the banned children's book series The Toadstool Tales
    Blodwyn Bludd – Vampire who was known as the 'Vampire of the Valleys'. Famous for singing to his victims before biting them in their neck.
    Stubby Boardman – Lead singer of the Hobgoblins
    Melinda Bobbin – Hogwarts student during Harry's time at school, her family owns a chain of apothecaries
    Broderick Bode – Ministry of Magic employee in the Department of Mysteries, killed by Devil's Snare
    Bole – Slytherin Quidditch Beater
    Pierre Bonaccord – First Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards
    Amelia Susan Bones – Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, aunt of Susan Bones
    Edgar Bones – Member of the original Order of the Phoenix, brother of Amelia Susan Bones, uncle of Susan Bones
    Susan Bones – Hufflepuff student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army
    Mungo Bonham – Healer who founded St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Ailments and Injuries, Wizard of the Month on J. K. Rowling’s website for March 2005
    Terry Boot – Ravenclaw student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army.
    Libatius Borage – Author of Advanced Potion-Making
    Mr Borgin – Proprietor of Borgin & Burkes in Knockturn Alley
    Bertie Bott – Creator of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans
    Bradley – Chaser on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team during Harry's time at Hogwarts
    Barberus Bragge – Chief of the Wizards' Council, introduced the Golden Snitch to Quidditch
    Betty Braithwaite – Reporter for the Daily Prophet
    Rudolf Brand – Captain of the Heidelberg Harriers Quidditch team
    Eleanor Branstone – Hufflepuff student who entered Hogwarts in Harry's fourth year
    Karl Broadmoore – Beater for the Falmouth Falcons Quidditch team with his brother Kevin
    Kevin Broadmoore – Beater for the Falmouth Falcons Quidditch team with his brother Karl
    Mandy Brocklehurst – Ravenclaw student in Harry's year
    Rupert "Axebanger" Brookstanton – Name Hermione Granger came across while searching for the identity of R.A.B.
    Lavender Brown – Gryffindor student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army, briefly dates Ron Weasley, attends the Yule Ball with Seamus Finnigan
    Frank Bryce – Muggle gardener for the Riddle family, murdered by Lord Voldemort
    Millicent Bulstrode – Slytherin student in Harry's year, member of Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad
    K. Bundy – Hogwarts student during Harry's time at school
    Rosalind Antigone Bungs – Name that Hermione Granger came across while searching for the identity of R.A.B.
    Charity Burbage – Professor of Muggle Studies at Hogwarts during Harry's time at school, killed by Lord Voldemort in the Deathly Hallows
    Caratacus Burke – Co-founder of Borgin and Burkes. Cheated Merope Gaunt, buying a precious heirloom from her at a pittance
    Belvina Burke (née Black) – Daughter of Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint, sister of Sirius, Phineas, Cygnus and Arcturus Black, wife of Herbert Burke, mother of two sons and one daughter
    Herbert Burke – Husband of Belvina Black, father of two sons and one daughter
    Lexi Raguious Burns- Ravenclaw captain of the secret thestral arial racing team at Hogwarts, was two years above Harry Potter in school
    Randolph Burrow – Ravenclaw Quidditch Chaser during Harry's time at Hogwarts

Beltrix
    Basalic

Okay I am a huge Harry Potter Fan

5. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    WOW i guess so! Hope you can find a name from the list!!!

6. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    Badru - born at the full moon - africa = boy
    Bulan - the moon - indonesia - unisex
    Badar Boy Arabic Full moon
    Badr Boy Arabic Full moon
    Badr I Ya Girl Arabic Resembling the moon
    Badr ud Din Boy Arabic Full moon of Islam
    Badr ud Duja Boy Arabic The nights moon
    Badra Girl Arabic Full moon
    Badriya Girl Swahili Like the moon
    Badriyya Girl Arabic Resembling the moon
    Badriyyah Girl Arabic Full moon
    Badru Boy Arabic Full moon
    Balachandra Boy Sanskrit Crescent moon
    Balendu Boy Sanskrit Ascenting moon
    Bankimcandra Boy Sanskrit Half moon
    Bankimchand... Boy Sanskrit Half moon
    Budur Girl Arabic Full moon
    Badriya Girl
    Balachandra Boy
    Balendu Boy
    Bentley Boy
    Bhimachandra Boy
    Bimbika Girl
    Busana Girl

7. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    Wow!! Hush Hills Fainters! And I was feeling all good because I knew of one - Bellatrix Lestrange... :wink:

8. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    Berty Bott's Jelly Bean Flavors

Bacon
    Bagel
    Baked Beans
    Baking Soda
    Banana
    Beanstalks
    Biscuit
    Blackcurrant
    Bread
    Brown Sugar
    Brussel Sprouts
    Butter
    Buttermilk

9. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    How about Moon Beam? Not Harry potter, but since luna means moon and it's a B year would be cute for a girl

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    great ideas guys THANKS

Moon Beam is great too. :D

I need names for all my goats so some of those may end up being used in some others

11. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    If you aren't a big HP fan, maybe you'll want to generalize it a bit and base it more on some of Luna's characteristics.

Luna's a Believer - believes in things other don't, believes in things without there being proof.

Personality-wise, she's quirky, dreamy (in her own world), calm, and speaks honestly. She doesn't care too much what others think of her. She's a bit of a social misfit, but she is a loyal friend.

My daughter is the big HP fan. When she gets home, I'll see if she has any ideas, esp. that might incorporate the letter B.