The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I found the wormer for my goats, but it's called Molly's herbal wormers. Have any of you people tried this herbal wormer? And how do you exactly use it? Oh and can you use it for month and a half old kids? Sorry for so many questions lol. Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've just started using it! I just started giving the weekly dose today........one of my does was sucking it down like it was candy!! Molly has instructions on the website on what age to start the full dose. There's 2 formulas. You use formula 1 for 3 days in a row and then use formula 2 in between on a weekly basis. I'm sooooo hoping this works for us but time will soon tell!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I use Mollys. I love it. I just had fecals done this week and their were only a very small amt of cocci and a whipworm egg or two. I mixed up batches of the balls but my goats like it by itself now. Good luck

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I use Mollys. I love it. I just had fecals done this week and their were only a very small amt of cocci and a whipworm egg or two. I mixed up batches of the balls but my goats like it by itself now. Good luck
How long have you been using it? That's an impressive fecal result!! Did you notice a difference pretty fast?

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
Yes, I do! This is my second year using it, and I haven't needed chemical for any of my does -- except once for lice. I am very happy with it. You do need to tweak doses when worm season hits -- I give a bit more than the website says. I also am researching what worms are most common in my area, and I will be adding a pinch of herbs to Molly's, just to "customize" it, since her area had different worms struggles than mine.

Anyway, I have been very happy. I have gotten several does and when I brought them home and checked their eyelids -- WHITE as a sheet. Started them up on number 1 and now they have hapy, pink eyelids. Herbs are, IMO, much better for the goat, but you DO have to be proactive and stay on top of it. Herbs are balancers, and in order to work, they must be used on a consistant basis.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I will order the first one but do you just sprinkle it on their food or ??. And do you give it every week for the whole year? Sorry I'm stil kind of confused on how to use it lol :scratch:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So I will order the first one but do you just sprinkle it on their food or ??. And do you give it every week for the whole year? Sorry I'm stil kind of confused on how to use it lol :scratch:
You can either order them separate or she has a "kit" which has both formulas in it......you give it weekly "forever".......I have been drenching it because my goats are real funny about new things in their food and I wanted to make sure they got the right dose. Molly has a recipe on her website for dosage balls that the goats are supposed to really like but I haven't tried it yet. It's supposed to work well since the worms can't develop resistance to it. That's what I'm excited about!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
What I do is I give each goat a dosage ball -- I roll the herbs in a dollop of mollasses, and a drizzle of water. Then I stick it in the fridge. I had to stuff it into their mouths the first time, but once they realized it was tasty they look forward to their "wormer treats". :)

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I made the dosage balls. One doe liked it one spit it out so I stuck a ball into a peanut shell. After a few doses she like the balls just plain. I give them to my goats every friday and yes I have upped the does as of late due to an abundance of rain and wet areas. I am very pleased with Mollys. I bought the kit. I also give it to my dogs -they love it too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I think I'm going to start off with the first one first and then maybe step up to the kit. And do you start off just giving the first one to them once a week or every 3 days? I'm still confused because I know you use it for like "forever" but just want to make sure. Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So I think I'm going to start off with the first one first and then maybe step up to the kit. And do you start off just giving the first one to them once a week or every 3 days? I'm still confused because I know you use it for like "forever" but just want to make sure. Thanks:)
It is a two part system......I don't know if it will work the same if you only do formula 1.....you give formula 1 for 3 days in a row then give formula 2 weekly for the next 6 weeks.....then you give formula 2 again for 3 days in a row and start the cycle all over again.... I do know that you don't give formula 1 to pregnant does so your supposed to use the formula 2 weekly during pregnancy. There's a nice little instruction printout on her website and a checklist to put the dates down on.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think I found the wormer for my goats, but it's called Molly's herbal wormers. Have any of you people tried this herbal wormer? And how do you exactly use it? Oh and can you use it for month and a half old kids? Sorry for so many questions lol. Thanks:)
I used it for years and loved the results but its a pain now that I have more kids. I fought every week trying to get it down the kids so now im on the search for a good chemical wormer. Any suggestions??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts