The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious here. Has anyone ever been to court to get their goats paperwork and won? I bought a goat and the papers were already sent in but the buck wasnt DNA tested. Now everything is fixed and the lady wont even respond to me. My goat was pregnant and had a doe kid I was promised papers for her too. I have this all in messages but just wondering if I'd be waiting my time.

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
Dreaded court, if you have all the proof you bought a registered goat, I don't see why you would lose in court.

Now, if though the breeder does not have the buck anymore, you may have to track down the new owner if he was sold.

I have never had to go to court about a goat, so I cannot guide there.

I always look up any Sire of a goat I am buying to make sure he has been DNA tested. It will be on file and on the Association website when looking at pedigree.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Also, I suggest contacting the registration association involved. I believe they have ethics clauses etc with regards to breeders. It may not get you your papers any faster but it may prevent someone else from having the same problem with the breeder you are having trouble with. Be sure to provide your proof as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts