The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Alpaca land
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking about when it's really really cold outside or when your taking your goats to show but has anyone heard about like a felt thing to put around their bag? I just thought that would be a cool idea:p

·
Super Moderator
58,933 Posts
Haven't seen that one before. I don't know if the udder would get too warm and how it would affect the milk. :)

·
Alpaca land
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I was just thinking of something new to make out of my alpaca fiber and unlike a lot of materials it keeps you warm in the winter and doesn't over heat in summer plus it's very breathable so I dont know if making one out of that would make a difference

·
2,203 Posts
I actually made one out of an old wool sweater for my doe who freshened in January one year. They're housed outside with minimal shelter so we try to freshen in mid March and later. She was an oops. I sewed one together and slapped it on her once her bag started to get swollen and large. There was NO WAY I was letting her get frost bite. Worked like a charm!

I have also used nylon or cotton t-shirt "bag covers" at shows to hide the bags from competition. :) lol really makes em pop when they enter the ring and people wow at her. Hehe

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have also used nylon or cotton t-shirt "bag covers" at shows to hide the bags from competition. :) lol really makes em pop when they enter the ring and people wow at her. Hehe
I thought us crazy horse people were the only ones who did things like that :) Many of my friends will show their foals early on for experience but for the last couple months before the futurities the foals are kept under lock and key, not even pictures circulated to keep the competition guessing :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts