Has anyone used this as a feeder

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by sugartown, Apr 4, 2014.

1. sugartown

sugartown New Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  2. kc8lsk

kc8lsk New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern Mi
    I just started using a cattle panel for a feeder so it probobally work I wrapped the cattle panel around the round bale and put carabiners on it to hold it shut my goats can get the hay and they don't waste as much it is nice.

3. bbellhbl

bbellhbl New Member

Aug 1, 2013
    NW Georgia
    I call mine a hay girdle! Had to cut out some stays in the panel so my horned darlings could get their fat heads out.

4. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I have not but the issue I see with that tank thing is...that a big space in there so your going to have to push it to the edges very often...if that makes any sense lol. If there was a way that you could cut it into 4 pieces then have your sides and front and back. Then as they eat what you can move the front and back closer together...and keep kinda squeezing it together. But if you only have just a few goats you would only have to do that maybe daily or morning and night. I like the size of holes though because they can pick threw it.

5. MsScamp

MsScamp New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Wyoming
    You could also just build an upside down 'V' shaped structure that fits inside of the cage to funnel hay towards the outside. As they eat it from the bottom, the remaining hay will slide down the structure.