The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my goat to the breeders when she showed signs of being in heat. I was there when she was put in the pen with the buck. She did not run away from him. The buck would sniff her back end a few times but I did not see him mount her. I left her there a couple of days. The breeder had called me to pick her up the breeding was unsuccessful. That she must of been at the end of her heat cycle. I was very disapointed. When I went to pick her up... still the buck showed no interest in her. I took her home and then the next morning I had noticed a yellowish/ white mucus discharge on her tail and some coming out of her vagina. does this mean she was definately bred? No one witnessed any breeding in those two days that she stayed with the buck. I am only hoping she was bred. What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Keep an eye and make sure that she doesn't go into a second heat in the next few days. My doe did as yours, didn't want the advances of the buck the first time, but within a week she started showing heat signs and exactly a week later she was in standing heat.

·
nubian lover
236 Posts
Can somebody give me an educated guess if my doe has been bred if I post some behind pictures? This is my first goat and I do not have a buck. I was told she was bred when I bought her. If she is bred she would be 8 weeks and 4 days. Thank you so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts