The Goat Spot Forum banner

Have a bad feeling in my gut...

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Zarafia 
#1 ·
Hi all we recently just bought a buck for someone and we got a free doe from the same person because we bred some does to our buck and that was the payment. Anyway the buck just seems not right like he's not deathly sick but he has bad legs that tow out and he is just small he is walking a LOT better now that I trimmed him. I am giving him electrolytes, coccidia preventative, he has a mineral bucket along with free choice minerals, also has hey and grain. He is really friendly but I noticed when I was trimming him he wasn't very strong he also doesn't act like a buck he doesn't pee on himself and such and he doesn't smell he was traveling with a doe but show no interest.... I know he has junk I checked. His poop is normal he is active. Oh and I finally convinced my dad to let me try some copper blouses. Any ideas how I can give him a jump start or heal whatever may be wrong with him??? Also he is a yearling. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
He's got a really cute face :). Good on you for taking him in and seeing to his needs. I hope he comes around for you.
Am I correct that because of his conformation issues you wont be breeding him? It looks like he might make a nice pet. And if you wether him he could be good at one of the jobs my darling Pan excels at in his new home; babysitting new weanlings :) (what a great job for a gentle wether! He gets to provide all the security and hand-holding those babies need, and in return Pan gets so much love from them :) ).
\

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.