The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Back at the end of Dec we were finishing up a new barn and opted to let the girls kid in the back sleeping area then we'd move them to stalls. We did induce 2 so they would kid on my day off since we worried they might have multiples. They kidded at the same time pretty much lol.
Jazzy (paint doe) had her doe kid first, and Aspen (white w/red head) came over and tried to steal the baby lol

Misty who was due a couple of days later was going around trying to steal babies, so we had to lock her in the barn aisle.

Meanwhile, Willow was in the corner ignoring us. She was due that day or within a day or two I can't remember. She wanted nothing to do with the alien invasion of goo and noisy little munchies.... but in reality she was also in labor lol

Aspen was popping them out all over the place...lol she had 3 boys and Jazzy had 2 boys and a girl

The girls who kidded in March were over it... they also had multiples..

Registered
Back at the end of Dec we were finishing up a new barn and opted to let the girls kid in the back sleeping area then we'd move them to stalls. We did induce 2 so they would kid on my day off since we worried they might have multiples. They kidded at the same time pretty much lol.
Jazzy (paint doe) had her doe kid first, and Aspen (white w/red head) came over and tried to steal the baby lol
View attachment 211962

Misty who was due a couple of days later was going around trying to steal babies, so we had to lock her in the barn aisle.
View attachment 211963

Meanwhile, Willow was in the corner ignoring us. She was due that day or within a day or two I can't remember. She wanted nothing to do with the alien invasion of goo and noisy little munchies.... but in reality she was also in labor lol
View attachment 211964

Aspen was popping them out all over the place...lol she had 3 boys and Jazzy had 2 boys and a girl
View attachment 211965

The girls who kidded in March were over it... they also had multiples..
View attachment 211966
Sounds like you had quite the kidding season!

Registered

This was my doe fifteen minutes before she had twins.
I'm not sure what she thought she was doing, but she started pacing then just stood on the mineral block. She acted like she was gonna get all four feet on the block too

Also this one. She likes to roll (like a horse), and she could hardly get up once she was on her side

Sounds like you had quite the kidding season!
It was pure chaos lol! We had 4 due at the same time end of Dec, then 4 due right about the same time in March. I don't know how people with large herds, kidding out several a day do it lol! Just from the Dec group we ended up with 3 bottle babies since we only let those mama's raise 2 each and they lived in my daughters room for 3 weeks while she was doing virtual school! It was so much fun though, but so much work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts