The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued Phoebe Feb 3 She had been in a pasture with her twin brother. Shake my head!!!! She will be 1 yr in May and is obviously pregnant. I cut her hair because her winter coat is still shedding and she is very fluffy. I couldn't see her udders that are now starting to come in. I feel like she is due with in the next 3 weeks or so going off her looks and age. Last pic the left pic is her on Feb 3 , top right March 15th and bottom right March 22. All the other photos were today after I cut her hair and yesterday THOUGHTS? Suggestions appreciated! Im a novice not completely a newbie. So a tad nervous about my guess at when she is due. Also pray she has a good delivery since she is younger than I would like. :(
Snapchat-784133875.jpg
Snapchat-473349093.jpg
20200323_134056.jpg
20200323_131207.jpg
20200322_115705.jpg
20200315_141004.jpg
IMG_20200323_005718_319.jpg

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Have you felt for her ligaments yet? Do you know how to feel those? If you dont..there are videos on you tube to teach you .
I go mostly by the udder. The udder will fill to the point it looks shiny . It really looks very uncomfortable. Most does have a few days of gooey clear discharge..then it goes to an amber color. The teats will look full and hard. Some have sunken in places in front of their hips. Ill post a pic of a goat I have going into labor.
20190626_131506.jpg

You can see how big her udder is..and and the amber goo is her birthing bag.
Shes a myotonic, and at this time a FF.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you felt for her ligaments yet? Do you know how to feel those? If you dont..there are videos on you tube to teach you .
I go mostly by the udder. The udder will fill to the point it looks shiny . It really looks very uncomfortable. Most does have a few days of gooey clear discharge..then it goes to an amber color. The teats will look full and hard. Some have sunken in places in front of their hips. Ill post a pic of a goat I have going into labor. View attachment 176605
You can see how big her udder is..and and the amber goo is her birthing bag.
Shes a myotonic, and at this time a FF.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello! Yes I checked her ligaments they are soft. One side more than the other. I feel like she has a few weeks left by the looks of her. This will be my 4th birth. I just hate not knowing when she was bred. Uggg! Thanks for all your info. Excited for your FF kids! Post a pic when she delivers :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was last years pic. I kept it to help newbies know what to look for. I just never know how much someone does or does not know.
Yes..its not fun not knowing the date. But it sounds like shes in good hands!
Thank you! I hope I'm on the right track. She is definitely in a better place. She would have still been in that pasture with no one to check on her except to feed her some hay. I'm definitely glad I took her in. She is starting to get used to me and coming up to me. I still have to catch her. But once I do she is really sweet. She even just stood there while I cut her hair. Animal crackers are my tool to get her lol!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Aww! She sounds like she will be a good mom and a great doe.
Their udders can fill up anytime between 4 weeks to the day of labor. Her udder is starting to develop so I suspect she is due in 3-5 weeks.
I can’t wait to see her kids! I’m hoping she has a no-problem, happy, and healthy delivery!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts