Have u ever met this kind of a person?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by myfavgoats, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I was wondering have u ever met a person does that... Well I just met a person. VERY odd. Kinda remind me of that lady from different goat forum! And they are not from GW or Goat spot.... She is from HT.. UUGG... Well The person said that (snobbish acts) They dont get hay for the goats. They use alfalfa pellets. They think that hay is a filler. And they said that they dont want a "messy" barn.

That way they made it sound. It made me think more and wondering and thought... I dont know what I should say. My opinon that They should NOT be a goat people!

2. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    I try to remember to each is own when dealing with people like that. I don't feed alfalfa pellets because I feel they don't give enough roughage for the rumen. Shelly

3. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    I know who your talking about and I found it odd. I understand if they can't find hay but not all the time.

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I have a friend who feeds either pellets or hay as pricing allows and she has never had any problem.
    People like the lady you mention are really not interesting in hearing your experience but only in confirming their own opinion. Usually I answer such strong opinion with "How interesting" then move the conversation on.
    I too prefer hay just because it keeps the goaties occupied for longer periods of time. But I have fed pellets too.

5. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    I'm not saying pellets are bad just not what I prefer to feed if I have to choose. Shelly

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Shelly- I know you didn't -only expressed your preference for your own goaties- which is just as should be.
    When someone like the lady mentioned in the origional thread says something so -well to put it kindly, different, it just doesn't leave any place for a conversation to go. I suppose that having a neat barn is a point to consider- it's just not a point that would occur to me. lol

7. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i feed alfalfa pellets also but mine get hay every day plus pasture. they need the roughage for there ruman

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    when stuff like that comes up you can't reason with people like that. I agree with the poster who said "how intersting" and move on. That is the best thing you can do for yourself. Because you will never change their mind only agrevate yourself trying.

Just leave her be, we both know she isn't worth getting all hung up over.

9. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Did this happen on GW or GS?

10. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    LOL same here! I think the hay makes it comfy, you know, you can just flop in it when you need a rest and it makes the place smell so nice. Then where would the goats be if they didn't have something to mess around with and strew all over the floor and sleep in and generally make their pen have a nice "lived in" feeling lol

But I agree, those kind of people are not worth the effort to argue with. There is no one right way to raise goats, and it sounds like she is saying "my way is THE way." Of course that is rediculous. If that works for her, fine, but she should accept what others do and should listen to them about their ideas... she just might learn something that works better for her...

11. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California

12. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Thanks. It makes me feel better but it just bugs me that way the people say I dont want the hay becuz I dont want the barn to be "messy".. It is like shocking. I have never heard it from people's mouth. But thanks. I understand now. enjoytheride, U are right about saying how intersting.. Yup... U are right.. Thanks..

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she edited it above to state that it was not either.

PM me if you want to know the person's name and which forum they are a part of.

14. DancinGoatGal

DancinGoatGal New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Central, WV
    Neat barn.......? With goats???? To tell u the truth, I'm not even sure there is such a thing with goaties....

I use Alfalfa pellets as a supplement and extra food source for milking does. I also use hay & let the goats out all day in the field...

I'll agree with saying "How Interesting" and moving on.. Because I know how agrivating it is.. :(

15. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    edited because I went and read the post myfavgoats is refering to.
    myfavgoats I think you and everybody needs to go back and reread the post. I don't mean to be rude, nor am I defending her comments. But the hay being a filler was in regards to the grass hay that she feeds in the winter. And as to the hay being a mess. She feels that alfalfa pellets cost her less in the long run because of no waste. The waste of the hay is what she is calling the mess. That and she doesn't want to spend the time to clean it up. Having to clean up wasted hay is wasted money. And I did not see anywhere where she was saying her way was the only way. She stated what worked for her and unless somebody was going to do the physical work as well as spend the money, she was not going to change what she was doing.

Just my thoughts! I know I get real tired of having to pick up wasted hay from the goats.

16. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Was that posted on Goat Spot? I don't remember seeing the post mentioned.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    excuse me I for one do not see any thread that notes what you are talking about.

FOR THE RECORD:

Myfavgoats was talking about a lady on HomesteadingToday

If this continues an argument I will be closing the thread.

Please read the VERY FIRST post in this thread to note the reason for the comments and the whole issue in the first place.

Thank you

18. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Thanks stacey I did. And I also went and read the thread on Homesteading. go and read the thread. No need to close this one as I will step aside. I was not trying to start anything. Just voicing how I read the thread.

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well since not everyone has access to the homesteadingtoday thread and didn't even know that is where this incident was located it makes it difficult don't you see?

either way i don't see this as a necessary thread.

If anyone wants to know more check out http://www.homesteadingtoday.com and check for the tread under goats.

Since I don't frequent there often I don't even know where the thread is located.

Lets just keep things peaceful especially since Goatweb should be back up and running here soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.