The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard good things about it and Ive ordered some. With a cow,horse,chickens and my goats I'm hoping to get a step ahead on fly control....I hate flys. Last yr my DH bought some fly spray for my horse and cow it was just as effective as water so I mixed up water,vinegar,Ivory dish liquid with a little bit of skin so soft It worked much better than the store bought stuff....but it sure did stink...lol

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
FarmGirl18 said:
What exactly is it? I could use some effective fly control...
That is what I would like to know.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Quickbayt Contains a specially formulated mixture of two fly attractants and sugar for fast acting control…can be used as a standard scatter bait to control flies around the outside of commercial facilities, dairies, production facilities, and horse stables, or mixed with water and used as a paint-on to surfaces where flies rest. Effective against flies resistant to organophosphates and carbamates. Contains .5% Imidacloprid. Tests have shown Imidicloprid kills many times more flies than standard fly baits, plus works in less than sixty seconds and lasts up to four weeks. Do not place in areas accessible to animals or children.

When I use it I tear open a empty feed bag and scatter it on top of the bag. within minutes the flys land on it and then start flying in circles and die. You can also put it in empty 2 liter bottles or empty milk container and tack it up high so animals can't get to it but the flys can. I put mine in an empty stall where the goats can't get to it and I don't have cats.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sarah I'm not sure I was planning on putting it on the out side of the pens.
From the Haz Mat sheets on it its pretty safe.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You can also get it a tractor supply that where I get mine. I use tin pie pans hang up high so that the animals can't reach. Shelly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts