The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my friends intact ND I am waiting to hear his temp and when last time he peed was but wanted to get pic up and as many thoughts as I can I put in call to my vet as she does not have one and am waiting to hear back

image-2310576924.jpg

image-4200453168.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
Is the swollen area watery feeling..is he acting distressed in pain ? Could be a hernia?? or water belly...I have never seen water belly that large..

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He isn't acting weird no temp peeing normal it has been there for couple weeks doesn't hurt him to touch we are leaning toward hurnia it's not really hard but not watery

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
That is very strange, and I agree a vet. Could be infection, hernia ... I really have no idea. Glad he's peeing well, though, eek!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Yep. I am thinking a hernia. Needs to be checked out.

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
SOOOOO glad he is well other wise..peeing good and all....keep us posted

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
You can feel if its a hernia. If its on the inside pushing the skin out like that then not a hernia. If its all soft and squishy, then its most likely a hernia. If it is a hernia its the biggest one I have ever seen. They only get worse with time. That is alot of gut to put back in if it is a hernia.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a hernia it wasnt a vet I know that looked at the little guy I am going to try to get him in with my vet see what he says any one deal with hernia before? If so how do goats fair after a surgery like that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts