The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok during the parade the other night I about fell over.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I didn't get a good picture because I was in shock when I saw this. They are amazing.

these are Long Horn steers. They have a saddle on them and they are only riding then with a halter. WOW

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've seen that before- there was a man who used to do fairs riding a steer. Just image- a dressage cow? Steering by the seat of your pants.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Jeepers Christmas....... that must be one humungously long cinch..... and one heck of a thick saddle pad. I can't imagine that would be a very comfortable ride.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's great! I love long horns! The last times I've been to the rodeo in one of the towns near here they'd ride out on a long horn steer and make a big production leading up to the bull riding. Last year the rodeo clown (here not in the other town) rode a Brahman Steer, I think I'd rather have had him! I just love those floppy ears! Although long horns were my favorite when I was a kid, there was a movie I use to watch when I was a kid that had a long horn in it and it was love at first sight, I even insisted we name the bull we had at the time after him, and I did tell mom she needed to add some of those specked colors to her herd.

I have rode my steer when he was younger, but he wouldn't go anywhere, he'd just stand there til I got off.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was so cool. During the rodeo they brought those long horns out to do a show. MAN are they amazing.

I have seen them at places in a pen and kids on them for pictures, but for them to be riding them in a show? WOW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts