Have you ever Seen this?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by sweetgoats, Jul 11, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ok during the parade the other night I about fell over.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I didn't get a good picture because I was in shock when I saw this. They are amazing.

these are Long Horn steers. They have a saddle on them and they are only riding then with a halter. WOW

[​IMG]

2. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    I have seen someone ride a steer bareback with just a halter but it definently wasn't a long horn!
    That's pretty cool.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is just way to much! I love it!

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I've seen that before- there was a man who used to do fairs riding a steer. Just image- a dressage cow? Steering by the seat of your pants.

5. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Jeepers Christmas....... that must be one humungously long cinch..... and one heck of a thick saddle pad. I can't imagine that would be a very comfortable ride.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thats AWESOME....Of all the breeds of cattle, I have always loved the looks of the Long Horns...theres a farm not far from me that started to import and raise up their own herd...very handsome beef!

7. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    That is amazing! Must have been quite the sight to see :shocked:

8. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    That's great! I love long horns! The last times I've been to the rodeo in one of the towns near here they'd ride out on a long horn steer and make a big production leading up to the bull riding. Last year the rodeo clown (here not in the other town) rode a Brahman Steer, I think I'd rather have had him! I just love those floppy ears! Although long horns were my favorite when I was a kid, there was a movie I use to watch when I was a kid that had a long horn in it and it was love at first sight, I even insisted we name the bull we had at the time after him, and I did tell mom she needed to add some of those specked colors to her herd.

I have rode my steer when he was younger, but he wouldn't go anywhere, he'd just stand there til I got off.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    It was so cool. During the rodeo they brought those long horns out to do a show. MAN are they amazing.

I have seen them at places in a pen and kids on them for pictures, but for them to be riding them in a show? WOW.

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Amazing!