Haven't been on in a while...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Mar 18, 2011.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hi everybody :)

I feel like I haven't been on here in forever, I've been really busy. I'm back home, I ended up spending 2 1/2 months in India when I had only planned for 1! I'm glad to be home though. Our new house is finished, so it was nice spending the remaining winter in a warm house. It took me a looooonnnnggggg time to get used to the cold, lol

Kidding has been going well and we have around 20-some babies right now, mostly girls. Still have 5 or 6 does left to kid.

Mom and I decided to cut down our herd from 3 breeds just to one breed, so we're selling off our Oberhasli and Saanens and just concentrate on our LaManchas. We've added a new doe kid from the Mint*Leaf herd in IN and we'll be getting another LaMancha buckling from the Altrece herd in AZ to get more new genetics into the herd. I really can't wait :D

And two final pieces of great news. We're finally going to get our new barn built this year and get things set up for a micro dairy!

And finally, I got accepted into Iowa State this fall for my undergraduate studies! I'll be majoring in Animal Science and Pre-Veterinary Medicine, so *hopefully* in 8 years I'll finally get to be a vet!

Hope all has been well with everybody, other than facebook I'm pretty behind on what's been going on here on the forum with everybody :p

2. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Sounds like you are having a really exciting life! Terrific!

Jan

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow how did I miss this post... :doh:

Hey you...long time no see... :hug:

Hope your trip was enjoyable I remember seeing the pics and it looked beautiful....

What a nice welcome home... to have a new and improved one...congrats... :hi5:

Glad kidding has been going well for you....we love to see pics when you get a chance... :wink: :thumb:

Wow micro Dairy...you be having things...that is super....congrats.. :leap:

That is great ....good for you...I am Proud that you are accepted there and you will succeed very well in life....great job... keep up the good work....cause... I know... you can do it... :hi5: :hug:

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks Pam, I really hope so :p

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Sounds like you have been a really busy lady! I was actually considering applying to Iowa state for the same degree...good luck there!:)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome Sarah... I believe in you... have faith in yourself.... :wink: :hi5: :hug:

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad to see you back Sarah :hug:

I know you had a great time in India and thank you for sharing the pics! They were awesome :thumbup:

Sounds like you have a very exciting future ahead of you, Best of Luck with all of your achievements :hug: