Having a bad day...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Dreamchaser, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Well... Where to start?

I got a call 2 nights ago that I had an emergency house cleaning for a rental. Okay... I told the woman (who happens to be my husband's aunt, and works for a property managment company) that I couldn't do it until Wednesday, after I moved around our normal houskeeping schedule.
    Okay... No problem there. It was very late notice though.

I call my partner, and get everything arranged. The house was really bad, a trashed-up double-wide. They wanted it spotless. Did I mention it was trashed?

It had storm windows. For those that know what I'm talking about, it's like doing windows 4 times over. Wipe the handprints off the walls... Okay...Doesn't sound too bad, no? These did not wipe off. They were grease stained hand prints, not the kind that wipes off. There was blood all over the floor, walls and spatters in the master bathroom, and blood in the bathroom. I do NOT want to know...

Mice were happy there, because there was enough droppings to fill a large jar throughout the house. (haunta virus anyone) We scrubbed, we vaccuumed. we wiped and polished and did this for 11 hours straight. I did not get home until 11 last night. The job had to be finished that night, did I mention this was a rush job in which we had little notice? *laughs sarcasticly*

To top it off, I guess my hubby did not realise that I was buying a goat, and he was ticked off and we got into it before I left for work that day. The real topper was, (sorry guys) mother nature decided to stop in for a visit as well.

So, I was told to give a bill to her. After searching online for an invioce templet, I found one and typed it up. I'm on my way home an I get a livid phone call from the other lady that works there asking when I'm going to come back and finish the job. When I said we were done and not coming back because we already spent 11 hours there. We were told that they couldn't afford any more time last night. She tore me up one side and down the other!

Some of my internet sales fell through. So my husband doesn't think that I can afford this goat, so he says I need to call the lady, which has already taken the goat off it's mother. *shrinks* I do have the money actually, I had it stashed in a secret savings account (mad money). But I don't know how to tell him I have the money. I already pulled the cash out of my account, so I have it in my purse.
    I was selling stuff online so I didn't have to pull the cash out, if I didn't have to. But I apparently did.

Bleh.

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Today was thursday right? not monday :) I hope it all works out. Sometimes us guys "forget" conversations we had in the past. Especially if there was beer, tv or good fooed in the area :greengrin:

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    OMG!!! that place sounds like a form of hell!!
    I clean houses with my mom.. mostly repo's.. but some of them are bad but i think that takes the cake

and men forget everything ( sorry guys)... My dad forgot that looong trip up to nevada to pick up my 3 goats....

thankfully! he also fogot i paid 400 for kabooki that i didn't have.. teehee

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah, guys do tend to "get over it" quicker when there is something in it for them.

I am currently "sugar coating" the idea of a few more goats and prepping him as I ALREADY bought them and he just doesn't know! LOL! He knows about my buck that we have to drive 2 hours each way to meet them to pick up - but he doesn't know about the 4 new girls!! LOL!

Honestly - I never EVER ask - I say - "It is easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission!"

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    That sounds awful! Just tell your hubby that you've been busting your butt to put money aside for the new goat and you deserve it! There are far worse and more expensive habits/hobbies you could have than goats.

My husband smokes (supposed to be quiting), so whenever he starts to complain about spending money on the goats I just remind him that he spends FAR MORE of our money on his cigs (they cost like $6-$7 a pack here!) than I do on the goats!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with FunnyRiverFarm......you do deserve a goatie ...Plus a whole lot more ...than what they are paying you... :shades: ..wow....that place sounds so horrible.. :( ..I don't think I could clean up the blood... :sick: :shocked: ...You have a very strong gut and to have to clean the place for 11 hours...that is alot of hours and alot of mess........you definitely deserve a goat... for Pete sakes......... :hi5:

7. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    My husband doesn't let me spend money I make on myself. That is why I have a secret account that I stash money in. In case I really want something, I don't have to ask for the money.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that's good.. :) ..but how do you explain.. where it came from...? :wink:

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Exactly my problem...

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    say ...the goat was given to you..... :wink:

11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Nope, he already knows I'm buying it, and he's going out therewith me to pick him up.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That's good.....congrats on your new goatie.... :wink: :)

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats why I will always have my goats adn a side job...I need to have my own money to pay for my hobby. If I can afford it then my parents or eventually husband wont be able to tell me I cant do it.

14. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Wow that sounds horrible! My aunt works in the house cleaning business and I went on a few jobs with her, you wouldn't BELIEVE how nasty people can be! (Well Dreamchaser, I bet you do!)

Yesterday was pretty bad for me, my computer committed suicide, I couldn't fix it, and I had to go buy a new one. (First brand new computer I've EVER bought, too. Weird)

As for your new goat, that's upsetting that your husband won't let you buy it. I hope you're able to convince him. Here, I may ask if I can buy a goat or something, but truth be told, I'm going to do it no matter what! Both of us work and we both consider it OUR money. The bad thing? It works both ways! Only his addiction is video games. :roll:

I hope everything gets better for you :hug:

15. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I am waiten for my goats to arrive and then I am going to tell my husband. I am working this weekend to pay for them. My hubby dose smoke also and I think I will bring up that point after I get my new babies. We have arguments about my goat habbit. They have a place for life or until I get my own farm. Hopefully one day I will so all I have to do is go out my door to play with my babies.

And you are right hubbies do forget after while. I made a mistake in talking to my boss about my new babies and we had words and now he has forgotten about it. Well I also told a white lie to him.

I hope your days get better. I just had fun wiht my boss's new goats. They are so beautiful and I want ot tell Mistyblue thank you again. I love them already.

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Not just hubbies. Parents and grandparents too! I would know!
    I spend my money on goats and my mom has A FIT! But yet it's my money...I know ya feel... :hug:

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sounds rough dreamchaser....hey you could always tell him you made payments so she's already been paid for :greengrin:

I figure with my hobby, with the selling of kids and milk, they make enough to cover 3/4 of feed costs......and I do work fulltime, so I make the housepayment and his pay covers the truck and other bills...and guess what...compromise is a good thing :wink:

Or I with hold food til I get what I want......honest, he either has to go to McDnalds or forage the leftovers :shrug: