The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No question or anything. Just wanted to share cuz I'm happy with how it turned out. We built a hay feeder for our goats today.. I think they're pretty pleased with it as well.

The people we bought our house from had alpacas. They left a few handy barn items behind. We had to dismantle this hay feeder and the hay feeder cage they'd built to build our chicken coop platform that is still unfinished because the goats took over the under side of the coop and the platform turned into a hay loft lol our mini barn is still a work in progress but it's only improving. View attachment 164429

Anyway, I couldn't find the pic I took of the feeder before we dismantled it so my husband built a frame and installed it for me/the goats. It's a pretty large feeder but I have to remind myself it was for alpacas lol. I still want to build and add a framed board below it to catch fallen hay.

View attachment 164425 View attachment 164427

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trying to add the correct pics but they show up wrong. Then when I edit it shows multiples of the same pic. Now it's not posting any pics

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. Yes they do love it. This alfalfa hay has a lot of "shake" in it so it has a lot of wasted hay. I probably won't be able to till this weekend but do you guys have some simple hay catcher ideas for under it? I was thinking a framed board under it no deeper than the top but the mess below is huge.. maybe some sort of hammock it can fall into?! But I don't want anything they'll chew up...

Ideas?? We've got access to lots of free pallets of different sizes I can use for parts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts