He gets to keep his jewels!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by ProctorHillFarm, Aug 27, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Long story short- we purchased SugarCreek MT Nellie with a week old buckling at her side that was previously sold as a wether- we were to return him to the lady who sold us Nellie upon weaning time. Well watching him grow up here, I just couldnt stand the thought of wethering him, A) since his dam is so incredible B) his sire is very nice himself and has won GCH Senior buck already this year C) his dam is 9 years old and there is always the what ifs involved with that
    But the last thing I needed was another buck :roll: well Runaround was here looking at a doe she is going to be taking and I told her the story and her mom spent the better part of the visit chasing him around the pen trying to catch the little bugger :slapfloor: so she could take a look at him, because afterall he's a broken buckskin :wink:
    We decided right then and there that she had a wether to trade in place of him and what the heck, I could use a back-up Nellie boy in case something happens to her, and voila we will be co-owning the buckling :leap: , my stipulation was that he had to live at her house :greengrin:

So meet... no name as of yet.....junior herdsire to be

Sired by:
    Fairlea Fletcher Christian (Flat Rocks Diamond Rio X ARMCH Fairlea Gretchen)
    and out of:
    SugarCreek MT Nellie ( MCH Gay-Mors Dominos Mantis X WGF Sally)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    Still handsome as ever! I'm so glad you posted pics!! :)

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    What can I say? I love buckskin! :oops: :oops:

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What a handsome little guy! I have one (buckskin) that I got from a well known breeder in my area, they were going to keep him for a buck, but didn;t really need another......they let me have him for a wether mate for my other wether......I'm thinking if the breeder could see him now at 7 months she would be upset for letting me have him for a wether.......I really know nothing about what to look for in bucks or any goat for that matter, but I can tell a nice looking goat and he is such a nice looking goat....he puts my other 3 wethers to shame.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ashely told me about all the other day -- how exciting :)

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    He is really nice. I love how he is built. Nice straight legs and a good wide chest. Congratulations.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I really like him as well....very nice.... :love: :greengrin:

8. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Congrats!!!! :stars: His coloring is GORGEOUS!! :love: :drool:

:slapfloor: He's beautiful!!! :)

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  10. ProctorHillFarm

He is quite the hunk :wink:
    Thanks guys- I know we are all pretty excited about him!

11. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    What a lucky boy!!!!

I agree with you - at her age you don't know if you have another year or will get another son. He is good looking! And he has wattles I see! From the sire's side?

12. ProctorHillFarm

He got the wattles from his momma- he is actually the spitting image of her- down to the crooked white blaze on his face! :wink:

Here is just a pasture shot of her: http://www.proctorhill.com/nelliepage.htm

13. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    That is right - she does have wattles lols - I have seen her in person but forgot that she has wattles.

That is so cool how they both have that crooked blaze on the same side too!

14. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    That would have been a crime for him not to have kept his jewels! Her half brother also has those other type of jewels called wattles.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm