The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new buck (who was a bottle baby) won't be quiet! Well actually as long as he doesn't see anyone at all. As soon as he sees or hears someone though he starts screaming "MAA, MAA!!!" All of my girls and Orion are nice and quiet but Chase is sooo noisy! Do you think he'll calm down anytime soon?

:hair:

·
Registered
429 Posts
You were bound to get a noisy one since you raise Nubians. :wink: They're known for being quiet the talkers.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Money is the same way. He was just as loud as can be whenever he seen someone. He still does....so I don't know if you can count on your boy quiting down.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Two of my Boer does do the same thing! None of them are bottle babies. :hair: I think the are just big babies at heart.lol

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Bottle Babies are the worse about it - sorry to say.

I sold my bottle babies that I was going to keep - they were driving me nuts! Jumping on me, screaming constantly, and head butting me. I do not care for bottle babies AT ALL!

Good luck Crissa and I hope that he quiets down for you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
:GAAH: I have a Nubian bottle baby screamer too. He gets the others screaming when he sees me or even thinks he sees me. I have a nigoria boy that was a screamer when I saw him, but I hoped it was just because he was hungry. He is still a screamer, but my other nigoria bottle baby hardly makes a sound.
I moved my first group of goats on the side of the house so they could not see he in the house at night since they would scream too. My new group of goats are much smaller and I want them closer so I am building their house facing away from mine in hopes that helps.
Good luck :pray:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He's doing much better now, last night though he saw some cats and he just ran to the farthest corner of his pen and shook and cried! You'd think he'd never seen a cat before! :shocked:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts