He won't be QUIET!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    My new buck (who was a bottle baby) won't be quiet! Well actually as long as he doesn't see anyone at all. As soon as he sees or hears someone though he starts screaming "MAA, MAA!!!" All of my girls and Orion are nice and quiet but Chase is sooo noisy! Do you think he'll calm down anytime soon?

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    He may just take a while to get used to being there, bottle babies are the worst for calming down :roll:

3. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    You were bound to get a noisy one since you raise Nubians. :wink: They're known for being quiet the talkers.
  4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yeah I know, but DARN it! :roll: It's really hard to ignore him too.
  5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    I think its a bottle baby thing. All the ones that I have love to scream when they see you. Drives me crazy sometimes. :GAAH:
  6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Money is the same way. He was just as loud as can be whenever he seen someone. He still does....so I don't know if you can count on your boy quiting down.
  7. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    Does he have a companion in the pen he's in.Maybe he's lonley
  8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Bottle baby or not...I have a year old "bottle baby" and a 4 month old mama's boy....they both compete to see who can scream the loudest and longest!! Teddy can! And he's the "baby"! :slapfloor:
  9. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Two of my Boer does do the same thing! None of them are bottle babies. :hair: I think the are just big babies at heart.lol
  10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Bottle Babies are the worse about it - sorry to say.

I sold my bottle babies that I was going to keep - they were driving me nuts! Jumping on me, screaming constantly, and head butting me. I do not care for bottle babies AT ALL!

Good luck Crissa and I hope that he quiets down for you!
  11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree with you there Allison! Good to have the mini's though because Chief is still smaller than my pygmy so He can't push me around yet!
  12. hprice3920

hprice3920 New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    :GAAH: I have a Nubian bottle baby screamer too. He gets the others screaming when he sees me or even thinks he sees me. I have a nigoria boy that was a screamer when I saw him, but I hoped it was just because he was hungry. He is still a screamer, but my other nigoria bottle baby hardly makes a sound.
    I moved my first group of goats on the side of the house so they could not see he in the house at night since they would scream too. My new group of goats are much smaller and I want them closer so I am building their house facing away from mine in hopes that helps.
    Good luck :pray:
  13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    He's doing much better now, last night though he saw some cats and he just ran to the farthest corner of his pen and shook and cried! You'd think he'd never seen a cat before! :shocked: