Head count!?!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by DDFN, Apr 19, 2012.

1. boeredinoh

boeredinoh New Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Well, since you said animals and not pets:

40,000 chickens
    1 guard cat -who has been put on the naughty list because she is "with kitten"
    1 guard cat's boyfriend -seems to like living with her --so scandalous!
    42 goats -includes bucks does and babies

I win! 44,044 animals!! HAHA!
    (we raise broiler chickens 2, 500ft houses. 20,000 in each house.)

2. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Wow, I don't feel so bad about my numbers looking at all the numbers here! I keep trying to convince my husband that it is not really a goat "herd" unless it looks big enough roaming about the pasture together. Lol.

16 Goats (including kids who will be sold: 8 Does, 7 Kids, 1 Buck...and of course I'm keeping at least one doe kid and a buck kid of those.)

3 1/2 Horses (because one is a yearling)

3 Dogs, 1 Cat...and because they live at my house, another dog and horse of friends.

So....25 1/2 Holy cow...seems like a lot when I actually count them!

3. Oakmarsh Nigerians

Oakmarsh Nigerians New Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I agree with Kylee, I have too many at times! I can't begin to compute my .5's (do neighbor's loose horses, pigs and goats count)?

6 goats: Currently have a buck, 2 wethers, 2 does and a retained doeling. Just sold the rest this month (buckling year).

I have one rooster and 16 ? hens (I'm loving my Orpingtons, NH Reds and my favorite Elizabeth (my gold laced wyandotte), have silver laced, leghorns (never again), Polish Crested (cuz they make me laugh, but still give eggs), and an easter egger, too)

1 cat, but the previous owners left 7. Some now have gone feral (I was able to send 3 to rescue). those must be the .25's? 4 left=1 ;)

5 horses:One is a 27 years old AQHA mare, one Egyptian Arabian mare who thinks she's a dog, and 3 Spotted Saddle horses/Tn. Walkers.

2 Bearded Collies! My male is a CH, my female's full brother just took Herding group at Westminster. (no pups)

A Treeing Walker Coonhound rescue that should've been named "Goofy".

The pond houses trout and several Koi, Canadian geese (6 or 8) and a blue heron.

Compute that! ;)

4. Lamancha Lady

Lamancha Lady Lamancha Breeder

Dec 12, 2011
    PA
    Lets see we have goats, chickens, ducks, dogs and cats all total to 48 plus I'm looking in to getting another doe and one of the cats should pop soon. WOW when you add everything up it seems so much.

5. DDFN

DDFN Active Member

Jul 31, 2011
    East TN

:shades: Yup I think you win right now! That is a lot and makes me feel like I need some more. . . . Oh Hubby Can I have more babies?!?!?!?!

6. Oakmarsh Nigerians

Oakmarsh Nigerians New Member

Mar 12, 2011
    TY Boeredinoh!

Next time Aunt Daisy says she can't believe how many animals I have, I'll tell her I'm 40,000 short! :p

7. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    11 goats, 4 cats, 3 dogs and a miniature horse.

One of those cats is preg. :angry: She is a long haired tabby that our "lovely" neighbors got tired of, and dumped. Without spaying her. :hair:

8. Jdyson

Jdyson New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    My turn, my turn! Where to start? 3 adorable little wethers, 4 dogs, 13 cats not including the kittens, 2 oscars and 2 catfish, community tank, betta tank, rabbit, hamster, 3 kids and a husband. Hoping to get chickens soon and maybe some bees if I get real lucky! :greengrin:

9. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Ok.......
    104 cows, 65 goats, 11 horses, 2 dogs, 8 cats,12 chickens, and 1 sheep for now she is very sneaky and cant catch her to take to the sale.....and im on the hunt for a llama

10. meluvgoats

meluvgoats New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Ireland
    2goats 7horses 2dogs 2turtles 2cats

11. boeredinoh

boeredinoh New Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Hahaha! yes! and if my husband ever asks, I never counted the chickens, I only have 42 goats. .. and I'm probablly going to need at least another 58 to make it an even 100 :)

12. mmiller

mmiller New Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    I have to do a recount I sold three baby rabbits this wkend. Lets see I have 1 wether, 3 bucks, 5 does, 2 bucklings, 1 doeling and that makes 12 goats. 1 buck rabbit, 1 doe rabbit and 1 baby doe rabbit which makes 3 rabbits, 1 black lab, 1 black cat. For a total of 17 animals and counting lol.

Ok another recount for me. Bought 2 doelings and 2 doe rabbits this weekend so the count as of today ( can't say for tomorrow lol) is 21 animals and countinglol :laugh:

13. Devin

Devin New Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I should show some of these numbers to my husband, maybe he would think he got a bargain with me LOL! He is always teasing me that I have a petting zoo and I only have 5 goats with 1 doe kidding soon so possibly 6-8 goats lol! 3 cats (all rescues) 1 dog, and 2 horse. I also have 25 chickens, but 10 of those are slated to be dinner when butchered this fall. So I currently have 36 animals with baby goats to come! Would LOVE to add ducks and geese to the mix but just not ready yet.

14. LetsGoKids

LetsGoKids New Member

Mar 20, 2012
    I have 10 does, 4 doelings, 3 bucks, 7 dairy cows (one due to calve any day now), four heifers, 1 ayrshire bull calf, 3 horses, a pair of bourbon red turkeys, pair of pilgrim geese, two ducks, too many chickens :p , a coonhound and a cat. So 40 plus the chickens. Hopefully buying another doeling and a few piggies soon.

15. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    We have 21 goats, 2 horses, 1 mule, 2 dogs, 4 cats, 8 chickens, 3 ducks, and 2 turkeys...and three fish lol