The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Where are you coming from? There is an ag checkpoint coming from CA, but I went around it... If you are coming from CA, I have directions to avoid the checkpoint. If you do go through the checkpoint you need all kinds of paperwork from the state, etc before you even move them.

·
I'm watching you
22,549 Posts
Washington State requires Brucelliosis and Tuberculosis tests on all breeding age female goats. Plus a Health Certificate that states on it "this goat has not been exposed to Scrapie in the last 5 years" for every goat. You will also need Health Certificates for every state that you plan to stop overnight in. You will need to call the Washington state veterinarian to get an entry/import number. You may also need a export paper from the Florida Brand Inspector.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Washington State requires Brucelliosis and Tuberculosis tests on all breeding age female goats. Plus a Health Certificate that states on it "this goat has not been exposed to Scrapie in the last 5 years" for every goat. You will also need Health Certificates for every state that you plan to stop overnight in. You will need to call the Washington state veterinarian to get an entry/import number. You may also need a export paper from the Florida Brand Inspector.
I got my florida vet coming by to do the paperwork showing the are free of scrapies and Brucelliosis and Tuberculosis. Not familiar with the entry import number ...we are moving to washington so I don't have a vet there yet

·
Goat Girl
1,985 Posts
Your vet should call the state vet in Washington to get the entry permit. Definitely always easier to travel with health papers, they don't cost near as much as it would if you got caught. Your vet should also check the requirements for all states you are going through as well so you don't have any problems.

Have fun on your trip :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts