Heart Breaker is in Greener Pastures

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by sweetgoats, Dec 17, 2007.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I told you all about a situation where I sold a Champion doe (Born Valentines day 2007), to someone that wanted to join 4H, and she never did, so I was charging them the non 4H price. Well they took 2 goats, and the total was $300.00 for the two of them. They only paid $130.00 so far. I have talked to the dad and he said he would pay the rest Jan 15. Well I said OK, and we settled on that.
    Well on Saturday, I received a call at work and she was balling. Heart Breaker was attacked by a damn dog and they took her to the Vet that puts EVERYTHING to sleep because that is just what he does. Every one knows him as Dr. Death. Well she said that she was pretty bad.
    I am so upset because I am sure the other vet could of done something. I do understand that if she was to bad that was the best thing for her, but I will never know.
    OK, now they still owe me the money but they have said that they are bringing U-Turn back to me. I do not need him or do I have the room, that is why I sold him. I told them that I do not want him back and they said that really is to bad because he has to have another goat with him, (like I didn't already know that). So now I am sure they are not going to pay me for him.
    What would you all do. If they paid me for them when they took them this would not be a issue. I feel like that they still own me, and if they would like to GIVE me the goat that is their choice. I mean like I said they should have already been paid for.
    I am just so upset, she was a grand Champion as a 4 month old, I would of loved to see what she would have done as she grew up.
    They did tell the people that owned the dog, and they paid all the vet bills for her and they put the dog down. I guess the dog dug a hole to get under the fence.
    Rest in Peace Heart Breaker.

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That is so sad- I don't know what to say. Except I'm sorry that you have to deal with finances while having such bad feelinga about their behavior.

3. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Sorry this happened. Hopefully being put down was best for her. The owners of the dog should also be paying restitution for the cost of the animal, not just vet bills. And if they aren't going to pay for the animals, that should come back to you. I don't know about the one still alive. I would offer to find a buyer for them, but being that it's alone, that makes it hard. I wouldn't want my goat alone. Good luck and hugs.

4. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
    sorry for the loss

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh I'm so sorry for your loss, that is just horrible :( :hug: