Heart of the Matter Farm 2021 kidding group

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Heart of the Matter Farm, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Me too. Im waiting to see what I get. I have 3 does wont be breeding till.next season..they are too young. So Im.on my final breeding month. Go.boys.go! Lol

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

3. Had the vet computer yesterday for ultrasounds. Results not what I was hoping for. She said to look out for twins tho. They was closer to 60 days and so it was hard for her to count. So that means Chestnut got them in the first and second week he was in with them.
    81E8F3EF-F018-4232-9A8E-B5AC67A7B117.jpeg

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  4. ksalvagno

I never trust the number of kids from an ultrasound. Sorry not all of them are pregnant.

5. 1 I kind of was hope she was not because she has been having a hard time lately keeping weight on. So the vet took blood and fecal to see what is going on. Hoping it’s just that she was getting bullied too much. The other 3 I was surprised. They will be going in with the buck in November for April kids. All the ones that are Open are first timers.

6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Well at least you know what to do with each girl. Sorry it wasn't what.you wanted. But it may be salvageable...good luck with the kidding...and Ruby!:haha:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. I think one of the does is aborting. I do not have Lute. What can I do? She has bloody discharge.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nothing you can do but watch her.

So sorry she is aborting. :(

She will have to clean out, watch for infection( bad smell ) or odd coloring.

10. How long should I wait before calling the vet? When should I see babies laying in the pen? She is due January 7th or 12th.

11. ksalvagno

Is she somewhere that you could find the kids?

toth boer goats likes this.
  12. yes I have her in the barn where I can keep a close eye on her.

toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.