???? Heat date????

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Sep 12, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, I know that Binky's heats are 18 days apart....heres the question.

I am planning on taking her 25 miles from home to be bred and well...she was in heat Friday the 6th...swollen, tail wagging, bellowing etc.. She was back in yesterday the 11th same actions and this time alot more discharge and mounting the "little does". Which date do I count ahead from?

I'd like to plan her trip for closer to the end of October but not knowing which date I should be using is going to throw me off...if I count using both dates I won't be getting her bred til the beginning of November and I would rather have Early to mid March kids, works better for me. I plan to have Angel due within 2 weeks of Binky so I hope I can get her bred and settled with her first heat in October which would give her the early to mid March freshening, :?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    go with the second heat --- be prepared that she maybe having the 5 day heat and maynot settle the first time around with the buck.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, it has been setup that she can stay til we're sure she's bred so if I count from the second heat and she doesn't do the 5 day heat again with the next one, I can be sure to get her bred with her mid October heat. So I hope she co-operates with me :wink:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well....Thank you much Stacey for advising me to go with the second "heat" as my start date!! Going by the 11th, she was in raging heat yesterday! Today she won't leave the bucks fence!!

I called the breeder and we figured on Binky having her "date" on the 19th....and if she does the 5 day heat this time...I know to have her there a few days later. I am super excited as these will be the first kids with my herd name :stars:

AND PLEASE PRAY THAT SHE SETTLES WITH THE FIRST BREEDING :pray:

IF she takes with the breeding on the 19th she'll hit 145 on March 13th