heat problem

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatskeeper, Oct 6, 2010.

1. goatskeeper

goatskeeper New Member

May 14, 2010
    Algeria
    hello,
    my does seem not going to heat at all , i did not notice any heat behavior in them , is there a problem.
    (i have an adult doe witch is lactating now , she is alpine type, and one kid of 6 months,she is local breed, and other kid of 7 months , alpine type)
    and i dont have a buck , i have to notice a heat to bring the doe to some one who have a buck.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    some does just arent real vocal when in heat or their signs are more slight to "silent" so you might want to consider a buck rag. Go visit a buck and rub it all over him. Leave this rag out for the does to smell and you will see them showing interest. Or bring it out daily to see if they get excited whenever they smell it.

3. goatskeeper

goatskeeper New Member

May 14, 2010
    Algeria
    thank you , i will do it today , i know some one who have a very smelly buck :greengrin:

4. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Good Luck!

I have a doe that has very silent heats, drove me crazy. I would drive her to the buck and she wasn't in heat or she would stand but no babies.

Now that I have a buck on the property it has made things 100% easier.

5. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Has anyone had luck using a wether to detect heats? I'm getting one this weekend to try and see when my girls are in, because I haven't noticed any signs, should he let me know or is a buck rag a better idea?

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    some wethers are good teasers some arent.

7. goatskeeper

goatskeeper New Member

May 14, 2010
    Algeria
    i had agreed with someone to bring my doe to his buck, she will live with him about 10 days.

8. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Good Luck, Ihope everything works out, and you get some bouncing babies in a few months ! :p

9. goatskeeper

goatskeeper New Member

May 14, 2010
    Algeria
    bad news....
    i have brought my doe to the goats keeper i told you before, when he saw my doe he said she is very fat and that may be a problem in breeding her.any way my doe will be with his herd (one buck and three goats) 10 days.
    do you have any experience about breeding fat doe before? did you succeeded or failed