The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a FF doe at day 144 and possibly in prelabor with some edema under her jaw. I just got off work and the edema was not there this morning when I checked on everyone. She is also squinting one of her eyes so I think she might be having an allergic reaction to something. Her famancha is dark pink.
image.jpg

·
8,066 Posts
Are you in an area with green things growing? (unlike all the North that is still pretty brown and frozen). Maybe a spider bite? You can give Benedryl, the children's dose for weight.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you in an area with green things growing? (unlike all the North that is still pretty brown and frozen). Maybe a spider bite? You can give Benedryl, the children's dose for weight.
Would 2mg Benadryl tablets work? I'm in the south and it's been in the 70s all week

·
Super Moderator
58,191 Posts
I'd also have a fecal done. Just because their famacha is good, doesn't mean they are ok with parasites. They can still have a heavy load.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is she this morning? Is she going into labor?
She hasn't gone into labor yet. She's been hollowed out and ligaments have been gone since yesterday morning . Last night she was doing a lot of stretching and was real vocal and her udder is strutted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts