The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Live. Love. Ride. Milk.
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking around for a VERY warm winter riding glove. I ride in the dead of winter for hrs at a time so they have to be able to keep warmth in. They must have extra long gauntlets(the part that goes over the wrist). They do not have to be riding gloves, but I need to be able to feel the reins through them and they be none slip, while still being super protective and warm. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I am also trying to find something that will go over or under my helmet that will cover my head, ears, neck, and even my face if possible. As I said I am out for sometimes hours and it can snow during that time. Last year I wore at least 2 scarves, ear muffs(that hurt), and a jacket hood all with my helmet and other clothes, but that is a lot to put on and the scarves never stayed well. Any ideas? thanks:)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hmm....not sure about warm gloves that would allow you to feel reins. Maybe a glove with a mittin over the top and hand warmers (the disposable ones you buy that are air activated) inserted on top of fingers between layers. They last for several hours and really help warm the fingers. They make inserts for your feet too if they get cold.

As for your head and face....the neoprene face masks work well. They cover face and ears, with breathing and hearing vents. Then you can wear a beanie on your head if the helmet isn't warm enough.

If you don't like neoprene, there are fleece covers that you can wear as full coverage, over head, face, ears and neck...just eye area is open. Or you can pull it down to cover just face, ears and neck....or just around neck.

You can find all of these items at cabelas.com

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
I would check our Dover Saddlery online.. They have some really nice stuff :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts