Hectic week

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Jun 7, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Been a hectic week, as always. Thought you guys might want to see some pics :)

Jeffrey, my oldest brother, tipped the tractor over mowing ditches, the tractor is ok and so is he, they didn't tell mom till the day after and she freaked, I thought it was funny :p:
    [​IMG]

Jeffrey
    [​IMG]

Pulling it up:
    [​IMG]

Not much damage:
    [​IMG]

Yesterday we had horrible dust storms with 60 mph winds, you could hardly see anything
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is looking down the runway, note the ditch bank how you can't see it on the left
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

to the left of the tree line you can see the dust storm here, because of the hay fields out front we didn't get hit too bad
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h232/ ... G_5825.jpg

And last but not least, I finally cut my hair!! I was getting tired of it, and it was so long and hot, I have a foot+ long pony tail that I'm donating to locks of love, I haven't had my hair this short since I was a little girl!!
    [​IMG]

Oh wait, last but not least, my mom and brother went up to Minnesota to pick up my new Oberhasli buckling, the weather is getting bad so pray that they make it back safely. We have decided to name him Skynyrd, after The Lynyrd Skynyrd Band, or Speedwagon, after REO Speedwagon, we haven't decided yet :) Lots of pics when he gets home!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Dust storms just sound nasty and i am sure it was worse to be in it.

I like your hair -- but then again I like short hair, always fun to cut ;)

Thinking about your mom and brother - did they arrive back yet?

Storms have been so nasty this year!

Glad you brother and tractor made it safe and sound out of that ditch

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Way to go on giving your hair to Locks Of Love!

Glad your brother made it out un injured - nice tractor BTW :greengrin:

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks Chelsey, we only use John Deere around here :) Fortunately, that tractor is only used for mowing ditches and other light work so that didn't halt the planting any. My dad is almost done with drilling beans, hopefully the rain will hold off a couple hours so he can finish. Its been such a late planting season.

They haven't gotten back yet, its a 6 hour drive, they were up by Oshkosh last time I called them, that's 3 hours away. There are tornado warnings in Rock County WI, which is just north of the stateline.

The dust storms weren't to bad here, it was all around us(we are surrounded by trees and hay) A neighbor to the north of us that just moved in called me and asked if this was normal, I told her it happens every couple years. They had so much dust coming in their house you could draw in it :shocked:

Thanks for the compliments on my hair, I really like it :D I can't get over how short it is though, its long in the front but really short in the back.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ah I thought I noticed a hint of a wedge cut - but wasn't sure if it was just the angle of the picture.

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Kudos to you for giving your hair to Locks of Love. It's a cute short hair cut - but you are so pretty that anything would look good on you!

I just shuddered at seeing that tractor on it's side. I'm so thankful your brother wasn't hurt. I know it helped having a cab on it. John Deere is the best!

I was born and raised in Rock County WI!! Most of my family still lives there.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks Cinder! I really like it short, I think I'll have to keep this up. Jeffrey was very lucky, he usually used the 4020 for mowing ditches which is an open cab tractor, they have been using this one lately though!

Wedge cut, forgot it was called that, here is a better pic showing my back:
    [​IMG]

Mom and my brother got back at 7:30 last night with the buck, he is so pretty!! The breeder's name him Silus but we are called him BooBoo for his nickname. THat way we have Yogi and BooBoo :) I wasn't feeling well today, so I'll get pics tommorrow.