The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
Found this one. Not sure if its the one you were looking for

http://www.packgoatforum.com/f36/documented-weight-versus-measurements-495/?highlight=Chart

On a side note, have a 4H clinic we are going to today. Going to show how to make some cheese, dairy goat showing and of course... pack goating :) Granted I am not knowledgeable enough in that last one to be of much information but will do my best. I knew the question of how much Legion weighs and how tall he is would come up so I just went out and taped him... I have got to get be a bigger canopy for the truck. At 16 months he weighs in at 180 lbs. and is 36 inches at the shoulder.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Omg he's huge!! I remember I wanted him too when I came to pick up Django. I have major goat envy ;) but, although not as big, I do absolutely love the yearling I bought from you! He loves to hop in cars if the door is open, he's super curious and alert yet gentle and I think he's going to make a good packer. We go on walks in the field almost every day and my other goat is being nice to him now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boys are 15 months. 36 & 37", but weigh less than Legion, Mine both taped at 150#. They are leggy and a bit thin. Weight appropriate, just have not filled out yet with muscle.

Yeah, that PDF is what I was looking for. Thanks!

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
Its the alfalfa we feed I am guessing. I still havent started to transition him over to a mixed hay. That and not getting out much he has a bit of fat on him :) And I am so glad he ended up with you Cheri. I knew all he needed was someone to to focus on him and he would quickly find himself. Makes me misty eyed :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts