*Helga Kidded* Pictures of Izadar's kids pg4

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Goat Crazy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Allow me to introduce..Helga, she is due March 16th. by her second bred date, Feb 15th by the first. Judging by her udder growth I say she's due in march. This will be her 2nd kidding. I am guessing twins with triplets possible and by the smelling the poll test :kidred: :kidred: :stars: but it may be to early for that still.

Attached Files:

2. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Re: Helga's Waiting Thread

Such a sweet face! She looks pretty round to me! By March she's gonna be a big girl. Those little goats though seem to be in a constant state of roundness, preggers or not though. lol ;)

3. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio

What is the smell test?

4. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

If their head smells bucky they say your doe will have bucks, if it smells normal she will have doe's. I don't know how this works, but my doe's due both smell bucky. This is my first year kidding so I'll be putting the theory to the test.

5. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

You smell the poll and if it smells Bucky then their going to have at least one buck if not then does... I haven't tried it with mine yet.

6. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA

mine due mid Feb. so far smells normal.... I'm putting sniff test to the test also!
    Cute, Cute little girl.. she sure is round!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Aww...she is a sweetie....can't wait to see her kids....she looks like... she is coming along nicely.... :thumb:

8. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

I did the sniff test last year and well it was very acurrate for me. 2 of my does didn't have a smell and kidded with twins and triplet doelings!!! Other 3 smelled bucky and had single buck,twins 1 buck,twins 1 buck. I smelled them a month before kidding.

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Helga looks to have twins in there at this point....and just an FYI, I have a 2nd freshener due 2/15 with an udder that looks the same as Helga's so your girl could still be bred to go sooner than later :wink:

10. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

Really, in that case I hope she is bred for Feb. it would cut my waiting time in half :greengrin: Though I haven't been able to feel any kids yet........not that I have been trying real hard..... She hates me touching her belly. I'll try again tomorrow.
    I wonder maybe I should give her her CD&T shot now....If shes due march it wouldn't hurt to give it again would it or maybe give the kids it at a few days old?

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I don't think it would hurt for her to get the CD/T now, and if she doesn't kid for the February due date, you can "booster" her initial dose in 3 weeks.

Or...what I have done when in the same predicament...knowing that there were 2 breed dates 3 weeks apart, I gave CD/T 2 weeks before the first due date and had the kids covered for both due dates. LOL...Only had that happen once due to a buck escape, kids were fine and I did their normal CD/T at 4 weeks with the 2nd dose at 7 weeks.

12. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

I think I'll wait a week and see how she looks.
    I felt her belly this morning and didn't feel any kids, her belly is really tight:) I also, clipped her udder a little to get a better look. She does have a fair amount of udder growth, size of a baseball maybe. I 'll post a picture tomorrow.

13. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

Here are some udder shots. She looks like she has a little to much udder growth for march. I guess the only thing that makes me feel she is due march is that I have not been able to feel the kids moving yet, I usually can feel kid(s) pretty well a month before kidding. Also, she acted like she was in heat, in oct. let the buck mount her several time and flirted with him alot. Where as in sept. I don't even remember that breeding really. I can't remember if he mounted her or if I just pennd them together for a day because she showed signs of heat. :scratch: Well I guess I'll find out in few more weeks. :greengrin: So today is day 106 y or 129.

So did she kid by the first or second bred date?

Attached Files:

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Helga's Waiting Thread Udder Pictures

She does have a good bit of udder there! Was her FF udder large or small? I ask because my doe Bailey had a single and her udder was smallish as a FF...this time she's filling and about the same size as Helga.

It was Binkey who had the 2 breed dates 3 years ago and ended up kidding with the 2nd due date.

15. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

Her udder as a FF was a good size. She doesn't have very good attachments though, so that may make her udder look bigger :shrug:

This picture was taken a few days before kidding.

Attached Files:

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

It does appear that she has some room to fill. If she does go beyond 155 days with that first breed date then you'll know for sure she'll be due with the 2nd date.

The time will fly....so you won't be completely pulling your hair out waiting for her kids :hug:

17. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

I felt a kid!!!! It did a little flip, its been so long since I felt unborn kids. I love feeling the kids move! As much as I hate waiting it is neat to feel them!

18. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Re: Helga's Waiting Thread I can feel the kid(s)!!

I have a second freshener due March 9-whose udder is about that size-so maybe she can go until March! Who knows. I have a few does who I don't know their exact due date-it drives me NUTS! Good luck, and can't wait to see pics of the kids!

19. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

Maybe....FF usually start their udders earlier though. I figure if her udder doesn't grow a whole lot in this week then her due date will probably be in march.

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

No matter how many times my girls give me kids...feeling those unseen babies moving is a miraculous moment for me.