Hello all from Alaska

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Polarhug, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    It's so great to have found this forum. What a wonderful resource, and everyone seems super helpful.

My husband and I got into goats last year on our small farm in Kasilof. We have 2 boer/nubian does due to pop out kids ANY day, and 1 boer/nubian buck. We will be breeding for personal meat/dairy purpose. This will be my first kidding so i'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions soon!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...to the goat spot.... :wave: ....we are happy to have another Alaskan here......we love the pictures.... :wink: :thumb: :wink:

3. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    Thanks! I can't stop reading the forums..... addicting :)
    Here are my girls (and the passed out snoring buck) chilling in the sun 2 months ago. Can't wait for some babies.

Attached Files:

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Hi! :wave: Welcome, welcome the more the merrier!

5. goinggoaty

goinggoaty New Member

May 19, 2010
    Edgewood, New Mexico
    Welcome, this site sure is addicting good luck with your babies I hope you'll post pics cause I love baby pics. Your girls are gorgeous and I'm sure mister sleepy is too

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Looks like you have nice goats...I get a kick out of when they bask in the sun.......when I first started out with goats and one did that I thought the goat was dead had to go check....and she looked at me like.......WHAT....why did you bother me~! :laugh: and I totally agree ...they are addicting....can't just stop at??? I am leaving that part open.... :wink: :thumb:

7. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Welcome from Alabama! I lived in Alaska for 3 years. (army brat) I was at Ft. Greely near Delta Junction. I miss it. Hope to go back with hubby to visit and fish someday.

Gina

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Hello!
    hey I'm up in Wasilla, Palmer.
    you have some nice boers ;)