Hello all, miss me?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by jdgray716, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Well, not sure if I was missed or not but I am finally back on the net.
    As most of you know we got a new house and for the most part got settled. I have a kid life saving story I will share once I get it typed up. Five kids were involved but one nearly was lossed. Since I have had five other breeders go through the same thing from five other states and needed help so that is why I am going to share. I have to get caught up on everything.

Since being so far out I had to put off getting the Internet as I had to get satellite and that is not cheap for those that have it. LOL Lets see, I got the web site updated last night. There is at least one new picture on every page of my site so have a look see if you like.

It might be a a bit before I am back on a regular basis but I am glad to be back. Funny how much we miss our goat net lives so much when we loose them.

Well, glad to say I am back and hope I was missed a little. LOL
    Later-

2. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Hey JD!!! We sure did miss ya! It's been...quiet! LOL! :) :ROFL:

Can't wait to hear that story.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    JD ...my friend....heck yeah.... we missed ya....what's ya thinking....LOL..... :wink: :greengrin: :hug:

sounds like ...you have been pretty busy... Happy you are getting settled in....:help: . satellite is definitely not cheap.....but ....I am so glad ....to see ya back... :thumbup: ...can't wait to hear.... your experiences.....while you were gone.....I hate to hear.... you almost lost some...goats...though..... :hug:

JD is back.... :leap:

4. Well, glad someone missed me. LOL

I sure thought of you all allot, and very glad to be back.

I tell you it was not fun almost loosing my little girl but is sure has taught me a lot.

Keren, Lord knows I have been thinking of you lately. Have a guy over here with rams and I think of you every time I see them. LOL I wonder what a cross between a ram and a goat would look like. LOL I am sure it is not possible but I thought about what the out come might look like. HEHE

Well, talk soon and glad to see you all.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that must of been scary.. :( :hug:

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    WELCOME BACK! :wave:

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome back JD -- glad to hear you are well, the move went well and the goaties are ok.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hey...great to see ya again!!!!

Hope to hear from you more often :hug:

9. Well thanks girls!

We have been splitting wood ALL day so I am a bit warn but thank you. It is nice to see folks care.

I did not want to jinks it but it would appear I will be picking up a 2 1/2 year old girl Saturday. I am very exsited. I love her lots already and should everything fall through she will be named Tina. As apparently she really has not name. I really think Tina fits for her though. I will share more later but I really don't want to jinks myself so knock on wood I will have a new girl here by next weekend. HEHE

Later all, :grouphug:

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your very welcome...JD ...yes we care....I really hope you can get Tina... :greengrin: ..can't wait to see her pics....I know... she will be beautiful... :wink: :greengrin:

11. I will post a pics in a few days. I am very exsited and so far things look really good. The current owner seems to be very pleased she is going to be coming to a farm with more goats.

I do hope all works out!

12. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out and Tina comes home :) !

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :thumbup: :greengrin:

14. Tina's Pics (Heavy)

Ok so all went well.

AND, here are the pics. To give you a an idea of what you are seeing. She is an odd eye girl. I got a good pic of that. She did have two kids still on her 5 months of age. She is a tri color. Behind her horns and ears are black spots. I put a flat board across her and she did measue in at 21 3/4 inches. She is three years of age. The kids a saw were VERY Myotonic. I really like her. She is very sweet and the best part is, the price. I paid 25.00 for her. That is what I wanted to wait and say, just in case. LOL It just so happened the young girl who owned her wanted the kids but not the doe because a ex boyfriend gave it to her and wanted her to go to a good home but wanted her gone. She said she would have given her away but felt the 25.00 was like an adoption fee. I said ok. I hope you like her. If not, sorry...lol...I do.

Also, for those that know my does I did measure Olivia and she is in fact 21 inches.

Enjoy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Owner before took that one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow...JD .....you done good .....she is a really pretty girl.....thanks for sharing... :wink: :greengrin: :love: :thumbup:

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    nice girl you got there :thumb:

what is around her mouth though? is it from sap?

17. Thanks so much, I like her a lot.

Well, she had just got done eating? That may be it? I notice it more now that you said something but she was vet checked ok. Not by my vet but hers.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I would inspect her mouth to find out -- vet check or not

19. When I checked her teeth all was well inside. If we are on the same page, I will put some Gentian on it just in case.