The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Dwarf Nigerian goat owner also, I bought my two little boys just as pets, and I'm very happy I did. They are wonderful little boys, well not boys now but I still call them my boys. I'm hoping to learn a lot from other goat owners, I've farmed all my life but never had goats, so I want to find out everything I can about them.;)

·
962 Posts
Even if you have Nigies? Psh.. they're the best. (Don't tell anyone else I said that.) Lol!
Nigerians are a fantastic breed to start with and you should learn a lot here!
Welcome to TGS!

·
Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,746 Posts
Welcome to tgs! I have Nigerians also! They are sooooooo fun. If you ever have any questions just ask me. I might have an answer. Haha.

I can't wait to hear more from you!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all who messaged me back. I'm really excited about having so many people to ask questions. I actually do have one. My directions from the previous owner was to buy specific items for the goats before I brought them home. Which I did. One of the things on the list was either Jump Start or ProBios. I opted for the Jump start as it was cheaper and had the same ingrediants as the ProBios. My question is this. I have been giving my babies the Jump Start daily with the directed amount it calls for., But I stopped giving it to them for a couple of days to see how they would do. And I admitt also my grandson did accidently over feed their grain to them one day. Their bellies look like round little butter balls when I don't give them the Jump start. I'm concerned about it. so yesterday I gave the Jump start to them again, their bellies are still round little balls, and I'm worried that the overfeed of grain 3 days ago didn't sit well. I have had them a month now. Any help is greatly welcomed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts