Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Delinda, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Delinda

Delinda New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    East Tn.
    First of all I want to thank you Stacy for making a place for all of us to get together again, and thanks to Trob1 for answering my email and telling me about this site. It is great to see that alot of our goat friends are here. Does anyone know what happened to GW and if it will ever come back on?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that seems to be the resounding question.

last I heard from a moderator was that Debby was working on the issue with the host but wasn't sure what had caused the issue.

I of course will be posting on here when it does come back on :D

3. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    it would be nice if debby or someone 'official' from gw would sign on and give us a clue. maybe they haven't found goat spot yet. it is amazing how many people have! of course, all of the contacts for gw are on the gw site.......so whoever has copied those might be able to get to someone, but i would bet most just depended on the site. oh well, this is a great spot and at least we have some back up for questions.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well the last time I tried asking if a moderator could send out an update I didn't get a kind response. She said "we all have lives besides goatweb" and the other moderator that I contacted still hasn't e-mailed me back. Seems like they are not up for making much contact with me.

If someone else wants to try to make contact with a moderator and post their response here that is fine, but I won't be doing it again. I will just keep checking if goatweb is back online and just let people know here once I see it is up and running.

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Delinda glad to see you posting.

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I tried a contact too with Sally P but don't even know if she got it. I heard nothing.
    Gradually people seem to be congragating here- does that mean that we don't have a life outside goatweb? lol- My place and my animals are most of my life but Goatweb was a spice to it and I missed it.
    Maybe those who feel the same will search til they find it. And those are kindred spirits for sure.
    There a a few sites that I thing are interesting and some have really solid info to offer but I love a place where people are EXPECTED to be polite. And who are willing to help when they can.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I know Sally had shows this fall to go to so she maybe gone and not even aware of the problem at the moment - or just to busy to respond - or doesn't want to - who knows.

well I hope to keep The Goat Spot friendly and inviting.

9. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yes I second that. I know all about rude forums (not GW or any other Goat forum, but a dog forum :( ). Some people can really ruin it for others. That is why I loved GW, I never had that problem there and I think this forum will be just as good :D

10. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Stacey try not to take to personally. I'm sure the GW mods are getting tons of question about GW and are having to answer the same question over and over. Thank you for try to keep everyone updated. Shelly

11. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    If I remember correctly Sally said that she had an 11 day show and was getting back October 8, so she would have just goat back yesterday and must be tired!

12. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Yeah- I got an email from Sally tonight- she had been gone. She said she didn't know what was going on.

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I feel for her - she must have a flood of e-mails.

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    deleted to protect privacy.

15. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you for the update!!! Well, when GW gets going again then we will have 2 sites to bounce back and forth on :D

16. Goatherder

Goatherder New Member

This is one of the reasons I hope you keep this forum open :)