The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all! I am a first time goat (kid) owner! I live in upstate New York.

I bought two orphaned goat kids, Flower and Snowball. Flower looks like the little skunk from Bambi and Snowball is all white. I’m learning as I go, and learning rather quickly, so I can keep my precious little kids healthy and happy. Their mother died last week, though Flower became very, very attached to me before she was even gone. I heard about imprinting, and if that is a thing, he DEFINITELY imprinted on me.

I love goats - I never, ever thought this would be something I could fall in love with (boogers make me gag and I can’t even clean dog poop without gagging haha) but I 100% did. I hope to some day have milking goats, though not until I’ve had 3-5 years experience with my boys. They will be castrated, but I’m consulting a vet on the best method.

I am happy to be in a community of goat lovers!

Edit: PICTURES

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hello and welcome! There sure is a lot to learn about goats. If you have any questions at any time, don't hesitate to ask! This is a great forum of people that never judge. I'm sure you'll love it here. 😃 We would all love to see pictures of your two babies.😉
THANK YOU! I edited my post and added pictures of these little loves! Also, the LotR reference had me fist-pumping lol I wish I knew their breed because they are beautiful boys with such soft hair!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: toth boer goats

·
Super Moderator
32,158 Posts
Welcome to TGS. adorable babies. Do you have a picture if mom? Was mom standard size or mini?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to TGS. adorable babies. Do you have a picture if mom? Was mom standard size or mini?
Mom was pretty normal size, I suppose. I’m not sure what is large or medium, but she wasn’t a mini or anything like that. I don’t have a picture of her because, unfortunately, she died last week. It was very, very sudden. The boys just got shots of antibiotic from the vet - I saw some things I knew weren’t normal like green snot (not a ton of it) and “dog turd” poops.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts