The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helo from the great state of Alaska! My name is Cordell and I have prowsed this forum for the past 18 months and absorbed as much knowledge as I could about goats as I raised my herd. I figured it was about time I "pulled up a chair" and introduced myself as you all have contributed signifcantly to my goat education. This site has been a very good database to me so, I thank you all most sincerely.

-Cordell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Breed

Didn't have alot of time on the computer when I made the first post and realized later I had completely forgotten one of the most important details; The breed!

Boer/Nubian crosses are what I raise. I just love both breeds so much I had to have some of both and they handle the climate here much better than most goats. And they just look so awesome to me. :)

·
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :)
I am in Alaska as well.
In the Matanuska-Susitna Valley. :)
I have 4 does. Oberhaslis, and Oberhasli/Nubian mixes.

Nice to see someone on here from my neck of the woods! :)

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
Didn't have alot of time on the computer when I made the first post and realized later I had completely forgotten one of the most important details; The breed!

Boer/Nubian crosses are what I raise. I just love both breeds so much I had to have some of both and they handle the climate here much better than most goats. And they just look so awesome to me. :)
I agree, they are beautiful goats. :)

Any pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pics

As soon as I get some time I'll upload my goat pics. I have 22 at the moment. Most are the cross but, of course, I have a handful of pure breds. Soon as I can. I mostly have videos so will have to take some pics or break down the video and get some still shots. Ive got one unique buck, a boer/nubian cross and he has this forelock on his head like Elvis. Very unique as far as I know as I have yet to see another goat with such a feature. I know its a teaser but I dont have any pics available at the moment but I will soon remedy that.

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts